Upbeat and Cheery

I’ve been reading blogs for over a year now, and can relate to one thing- bloggers will tell you the great things about their day. Sure, we might share one or two things that might have dampened our day, but for the most part, our blogs are upbeat and cheery. This isn’t so you think we live perfect lives, or at least that’s not why I do it. Instead, I do it so I can cherish and remember those happy moments and days, because that is what I focus on in life. I don’t want to dwell in the negative, and be stressed about things that are in the past.

However, with that being said, let’s back up to how my weekend wasn’t so marvelous.

I-live-I-love-I-laugh-I-cry_-Im-not-perfect_-No-one-is-neither-you-nor-I

I had a breakdown on Saturday with my mom over all the stress coming at me in the next few months. I feel like I am a burden to everyone with wedding planning, so I have done it all myself, or with my mom’s help. I know people are more than happy to help me, but I am not the type of person to ask for help. The whole house hunting thing is stressing me out TO THE MAX, and I am completely over it. I don’t even care where we end up at this point, because it is just adding to the stress. My wedding to-do list should be dwindling, but it really isn’t. Thankfully, my mom made me feel better, mostly from listening to me, and after I told Aaron all of this, he finished up the registry for Sears (that’s his registry with tool related things on it) and came over to help me with some things on my to-do list.

• My Sunday run and my attempt at a run yesterday were both terrible. I hated that it hurt so bad and that I didn’t get to enjoy the warm weather and enjoy my run at the same time.
  • This whole kitchen remodeling is terrible. It takes me at least an extra 10 minutes to find things, and Monday morning was especially bad. I start every morning with 2 cups of Green Tea. One in a mug that I can drink when I get to work, and the other for a little while later because it stays warmer longer. Well, the hot pot wouldn’t work. Then I tried the microwave because I was running out of time. OH, that didn’t work either. (We moved the toaster oven, microwave, and hot pot to the dining room!). My mom turned the circuit back on, the microwave worked for 30 seconds, and then shut off. So, I had semi warm tea. Great. I know the end result will be fantastic, though!
  • I hardly got any sleep on Sunday night because I didn’t have a job for Monday, and I was incredibly hot. I even wore shorts and a t shirt to sleep, and just felt uncomfortably hot all night. So, I was up every hour, and then from 5 on. It was a great start to a Monday morning.

Am I telling you this to complain to you? No. I am saying it to remind everyone that bloggers have their ups and downs, and I am no exception. I know we need these bad days to remind us of the good in our life, but I would much rather not tell you all about them! I’d rather tell you happy, and cheerful things, with maybe something upsetting that happened in it as well, but not solely focused on me complaining.

Do any other bloggers feel this way? Is there something you have on your mind that you want to share? Do you have bad days sometime and keep them to yourself rather than blog about them?

Comments

1. Love your honesty girl, and I think it’s wonderful that you did share it with us. Nobody’s life is perfect, and if someone says it is; they are a complete liar. It’s okay to have bad days, or bad weeks, it’s just part of life. I truly do believe God doesn’t throw anything our way that he doesn’t KNOW we can handle.. so with that being said… take a deep breath and just tell yourself you WILL find your dream home <3
    Jessie recently posted…What are Superfoods?My Profile

2. I’ve always been one that really just posts what’s going on. But you’re right- a lot of people do post only about the hunky dory aspects of their lives and there is usually so much more going on. Thank you for staying true to you. I’m sorry you had a mental breakdown and I’m so glad that your mom was there to help you out. Life is hard. That’s what friends and family are for. I have trouble asking for help too but sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and do it. Hang in there xoxo
    Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted…NEDA walk and Cherry BlossomsMy Profile

That is the reason I LOVE your posts! You are incredible, and love your honestly with everything!

3. all the time!!! I’ve definitely had a few moments on my blog where I’m just like “I’m not in a good mood and I don’t know why” or “my new puppy is making me sleep deprived and is peeing everywhere” ha. I’m not afraid to share the bad with the good…but like you said, it’s nicer to focus on the good things in life…but not at the expense of seeming fake.
    Logan @ Mountains and Miles recently posted…Race Report: Cherry Blossom 10 MilerMy Profile

Oh exactly! I never want to sound fake. I definitely don’t up things in my life so they sound better.. I share what happens, just leave out some of the things that stress me out! I do share them occassionally, but not to the extent of a whole post :)

4. I’m definitely guilty of leaving some of the not-so-stellar moments out of my posts occasionally. Sometimes it helps to just get things off your chest, though. Good for you for telling it how it is.

Planning a wedding and not having a normal functioning kitchen would stress me out, too!
    Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing recently posted…It Starts with Food WinnerMy Profile

It does help getting them off of our chests.. but releasing it all made me feel better, and I am tackling all of my to do lists! :)

5. oh I am so sorry you have so much stress. i think it is good that you talked to your mom and tried to get it out. Better than bottling it all up. I hope you get to have some peace soon
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted…Trade em Up Tuesday: Numb Bears at HomeMy Profile

Life goes on :) I’m making my way through it, but I definitely needed to have that breakdown and then refocus!

6. Ha, I love sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly. Examples- house buying, injuries, my letter to the voice inside my head, etc. If things aren’t good then it’s perfectly okay to let that out.
    Things are NOT cookie cutter and we need to make sure we’re being honest with ourselves and one another.
    Cori @ olivetorun recently posted…How Bizarre Running Photos- CAST YOUR VOTE!My Profile

7. “I feel like I am a burden to everyone with wedding planning, so I have done it all myself..” That’s how I feel too! It stresses me out to no end. I have no clue what to be doing or when and therefore don’t even know what to ask for help with. It’s frustrating, but I know it will all be worth it in the end. Just know I can certainly relate!

Aw thanks! It’s always nice to know someone can relate and I’m not off in my own little world. Haha It is so hard, and I guess it has been fun, but now it is stressing me out to no avail! Lol

8. Aw, sounds like a lot of stress going on girl :( I feel you about the wedding stuff. Since my wedding was in another state and I had just moved away from my home state, I had no one to help me. It was really hard because even if I wanted to ask (which, like you, I wouldn’t have), I didn’t have any one to help. I did it all myself and I got really burned out and didn’t even do all that I wanted to. Lame sauce. But if you can ask, ask! I’m sure people will help you.

I definitely know how frustrating it is when everything little thing stresses you out. I hope this week goes better for you, dear!
    Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted…Sugar Detox RecapMy Profile

Thank you! Those kind words mean a lot to me! Honestly, I just feel bad because 2 of my bridesmaids live in other states, and then two are in college with their own lives, and one lives about 50 minutes away, so I just hate tearing them apart from their lives!! I am slowly making a plan, and it seems to be working :) Things are getting crossed off my list, and I’m trying to have fun doing it all! Haha

9. Just remember tomorrow is another day! Sounds like you need to take a night to focus on having fun then you can start to tackle all your to do lists. Good luck!

10. I know exactly what you mean. I felt like such a big burden to everyone that is a part of my wedding that I stopped asking them for help with anything and tried just doing it myself. It is hard and I hate feeling like I’m just bothering everyone with my wedding! I have definitely had those moments where I am just upset etc but don’t really want to share it on the blog. I’m glad you shared though!!!! Don’t worry it will all work out!!

Exactly! I’m glad there are others who feel this way! I am also relieved to hear other people find wedding planning stressful, and not just happy and fun! I was beginning to think I missed something!

11. I know that I personally try to keep it as real as I can, while trying to focus on the positives/blessings in my life if I’m having a rough time or something. I won’t hesitate to say, yep having a super sucky week and here’s what’s going on/what i’m thinking, since life isn’t awesome 24/7 and i refuse to be fake, but i also know that focusing on the little positive things is a huge help to me to feel better and more like myself. so a mix of both, all honest, is what you usually get from me :P
    Caitlin recently posted…Xylitol Banana BreadMy Profile

I love you openness and honesty in your post! I don’t hide things that don’t go right on mine, I just don’ share everthing, and probably wouldn’t have shared all about my weekend! Haha.. Keep doing what you’re doing because I love it!

12. I agree that it’s easy to look at other blogs and think that they must just have wonderful, perfect days every day. However, I think the thing about blogging is that even though we sometimes talk about the frustrating/sad/disappointing things on our blogs (which I actually kind of love reading about because as readers we’re there to support the blogger, give advice, and just help if we can), blogs are a great place to focus on the good in our lives. I love that about my blog at least…I know I complain/vent about things sometimes ;) but ultimately I like to bring the good things to the surface not only for my readers but for my future–I’ll get to look back and read all of the awesome things that were going on in my life right now!
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted…Noodles & Company Recipe and Giveaway!My Profile

yes yes yes!! Oh goodness it’s like you read my mind! That is exactly why i share more good than bad.. even though I don’t mind reading and giving advice to others who need it! Thanks for being so sweet and making me feel better!

13. Oh girl, I totally understand! The months leading up to my wedding were some of the most stressful I’ve ever had. Let the people you trust help you and delegate to them. Having a few key people for my wedding helped my stress levels SO much in the end.

Just remember it will all be worth it in the end! Hopefully that will keep you sane. If you can find time, have a date night out with NO WEDDING TALK with your fiancé. It’ll work wonders!
    Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted…Take Time Tuesday #4My Profile

I am feeling much, much better after reading all of your sweet comments! Nobody warns you that planning a wedding is so stressful! They just talk about the fun in it!

14. I am just now reading this a day late, but I love that you wrote this post! It is so important to remember that we are all human and we all have bad days. I am sorry you had a rough weekend. I know this is a stressful time in your life getting ready for the wedding and everything. The good thing about blogging is there is such an awesome support system and people to tell you it is okay to have some bad days.
    Becky recently posted…Quick Workout and Recap of the Sugar DetoxMy Profile

This community is unbelievable! I appreciate everyone’s kind words.. and it makes me feel so much better to know it isn’t just me feeling this way!!