Excitement, busy-ness, and some changes!

It’s time for another…

logo22-700x499

My shower is tomorrow!! Words can’t describe my excitement! I just can’t wait to see friends I haven’t seen since college, and to have everyone I love in one place Red heart I know a lot of work went into this shower, and I am beyond thankful for everyone involved!

Not only do I have a busy day tomorrow, but Sunday is even busier! My family will be up bright and early for the Race for the Cure. We always go to my Aunt’s for a brunch after the race, which is the best! Lots of yummy food, and just time to catch up with the family. I am hoping to steal my cousin’s baby girl for a little bit Winking smile

Yesterday’s run was such a great one. I decided on Wednesday night that I was going to shoot for an early morning run in the park. When my alarm went off at 5:30, I secretly hoped that it was raining outside. Fortunately, it was not. I headed to the park, and really didn’t know what I would run. My legs felt heavy, so my first thought was a mile warm up, 2 miles at a fast pace, and a mile cool down. Once I started running, I felt amazing, and just took off. I felt great throughout the entire run. When I reached my car (end of 4 miles), I decided to turn around and run some more, to the intersection. Well, I ran there and still felt great (and still had time before work) so I kept going! I ended up covering about 6.5 miles. All before 6:45. I felt great after the run, too. Here’s hoping I can do this more often! It was amazing to run as the heavy rain clouds were parting, and the sun was coming out. I heard birds chirping all around, which made me even happier!

Source

I made the switch from Google Reader to Blog Lovin’, and I am not very impressed so far. Please tell me it just takes time to get used to? So far, I liked that I could view all blog posts that I wanted from a blogger, and not just the last 9 or so like Blog Lovin’. I also feel like there is a great lull time between when a post is published, and when it shows up. I do like that I can just click tweet and the link appears and I can tweet from it! That makes sharing posts even easier Smile I also like that I can have categories in Blog Lovin. I guess I will just get used to the rest!

vs

I have been feeling that my life is going full speed ahead. It has been particularly bad lately, where I feel that I am at work, trying to read blogs, comment on blogs (not because I have to, but because I usually have something to say!), reply to MY comments, email people, tweet things, etc. This has ended up with me feeling overwhelmed, and like my life is flying by. It is kind of bittersweet at this point. I am excited for the next chapter in my life, getting married, and to finally live with Aaron. However, I don’t want to forget the time I have with my parents and my brother now. I will never be living back here (uhm, unless this house stuff fails..) so why do I want all of my time to be with technology? Why do I want to come home from work and then spend all night on blogs? Quite frankly, I don’t. I have been doing it until I realized what, in fact, I was doing,  but now it is just too much.

The first thing I am going to do is to blog when I feel like it. I will probably stick with posting everyday, but it might just be once a day, which is what I have tried out this week. I have felt a lot less overwhelmed with only one post, even though I usually have stuff to say for a second post. I just don’t have time in the day.  I also decided that if I am out with my family, or Aaron, I won’t be checking blogs. I usually have blogs read before I come home from work, but what if I don’t? Is life going to end because I didn’t read a blog? Probably not. I took an approach on Blog Lovin’ to separate blogs into categories. This way, maybe I only have time to read one category, or maybe two. I have been using Google Reader still, but am slowly switching to Blog Lovin’. I just don’t want to miss the life I have right now because of my blog. I LOVE blogging, and the friends I’ve made (or think I’ve made but maybe it’s a one way street!). I don’t want to give up on blogging at all, but I don’t want to give up my life, either.

I’ve been trying to come up with other ways to manage my time and blog. I’m focusing more on evenings, because some days I can get on blogs throughout the day. It is after work that I want to start focusing on other areas.
- I will write my blog post for the next day (if I want one posted!) BEFORE commenting on blogs or reading others when I come home from work.
- I will give myself 1/2 hour to comment on blogs/reply to comments on my blog at night. If I don’t get to it, it’s not the end of the world. I usually “like” these or “star” these posts I didn’t get to, in case I do have time another day.
- Don’t fret if I can’t comment on everyone’s blog that I want.
- Spend 1 hour over the weekend preparing for the next week, and organizing “liked” posts on Blog Lovin’ and decide what to do (save recipes, save workouts, retweet, comment if I hadn’t had the chance.)

I feel like this will allow me to stay in tune with my family, and really enjoy the time I have left with them. I have zero plans to give up blogging, but I want to take the time to hang out with my family now since I won’t have this time after I move. I think this blogging schedule will also help when I get married to Aaron. I want to focus on our marriage, and spend quality time with him.

Enjoy your Friday, and have a wonderful weekend! I am hoping to have some time to post this weekend, but I have absolutely no idea what time I will have! Just enjoy your time you have this weekend doing whatever makes you the happiest! I suggest an early morning run to start your weekend on the right foot Winking smile

What are you looking forward to this weekend?
Do you ever look back and realize that months have passed and you feel like it has been a week?
What special thing happened to you this week?

Comments

1. I hope you enjoy the walk this weekend! I did a walk for breast cancer with my mom and some of our friends and it was a really cool experience.
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…bentley’s birthday updateMy Profile

I LOVE IT!! It makes me so happy to see everyone out there supporting those with/or who have had Breast Cancer!

2. Oh man time has been flying by for me too. I can’t wait for finals to be over and to be finally done with college! Can’t wait to hear about your shower! Hope you will be posting about it :)
    Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted…It Got RealMy Profile

Good luck on the last of your finals! It gets scary when you think about never doing it again haha I will for sure be posting about my shower :)

3. YAY for your bridal shower tomorrow! I hope you have a beautiful day girl, how nice it will be I am sure! You are going to get so much great stuff! Can’t wait to see a recap!!

Happy Mothers Day to your mom!

Happy weekend love!
    Katie recently posted…Diva Spill FridayMy Profile

I am so excited! It kind of didn’t hit me until yesterday and now I cannot wait! I also hope we get lots of stuff, because we have nothing right now! We have an entire house to fill :) It will for sure be on MIMM ;)

Enjoy YOUR mother’s day!

4. I think this will be a great change for you. you do blog a lot and you shouldn’t feel that pressure. hope this all clicks for you!
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted…I’m Comfortably ConfusedMy Profile

It was only twice a day, and once on the weekends. I really liked doing it, and never felt pressure to do it, just want to take more time to enjoy the moments :) Plus, writing in the winter when I didn’t want to be outside was much easier! :)

5. I’ve been getting really overwhelmed with all of the time I’ve been having to spend on my blog recently too. I like all of your ideas. If I don’t read all of my favorite blogs in one day, the world won’t end and it also won’t end if I don’t reply to every comment on my blog! Have SO much fun at your shower tomorrow!! I can’t wait to see photos :)
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Kentucky Derby Fashion: Do’s & Don’ts!My Profile

Thank you! I will be sure to post pictures :) And yes, the world will never end with blogging or comments, it’s just hard to think about all that! I enjoy reading and responding, and commenting on other blogs, so it’s hard not to do that!

6. I wasn’t a fan of Bloglovin either, so I tried out Feedly and really, really love it. It’s a lot more like Reader, and making the switch literally just takes the click of a button. Try it out if you’re still having a hard time getting used to BL! And I can completely relate to getting overwhelmed with blogging. I honestly have a hard enough time keeping up with one post a day, much less trying to blog more than that, and I’ll comment on blogs if I have time, but I definitely won’t put off doing other things just to sit at my computer. I’ve done that before and got burned out big time.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. let kids be kids .My Profile

I have never heard of Feedly but now I am going to try it out! I really never felt overwhelmed with it until I thought of other things I could be doing, and that I want to do. So far, this is working out for me :)

7. Have a great weekend and a fantastic shower!! :)
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted…Southwest Quinoa Bake + Healthy Living Summit 2013My Profile

8. I totally hear you on this! I used to blog three times per week (MWF), but it just became so much…and started to feel like work, which I did NOT enjoy. Now I’m on a Tues/Fri schedule, which I like tons more.

Can’t wait for your shower photos! You’re going to have a blast :)

9. Good for you taking the time to organize what is taking up too much time in your life. Also sometimes I think a morning run will be a huge pain in the butt but then I get started and time somehow just flies and I spend the rest of the day feeling AMAZING.
    Ashley recently posted…What Day Is It?My Profile

Seriously, starting the morning with a run makes me happy the ENTIRE day!! Awesome feeling!

10. Ahhh yes :) i love that you have decided to focus on family and aaron time. It’s something that i decided to do as well (as you know) and i couldn’t be happier. I think you’ll enjoy it too! Have a blast at your shower tomorrow!! Can’t wait for the recap of that :) oh and wednesday morning was gorgeous for running!! I felt the same way as you along the river :)
    Caitlin recently posted…Fun Facts FridayMy Profile

I’m so glad to hear that it works best for you! I think it will end up working best for me in the long run, too!

11. I’m running the ace for the cure on Sunday too! I didn’t know you were a Philly girl! (Or are you doing the run in another city and I assumed wrong?) Have a blast at your shower tomorrow, that’s very exciting :-)

Haha I am from Pittsburgh and they have one on Mother’s Day too! How’d the race turn out for you?

12. I tried blogging twice a day for a while, and though I had plenty to say, it was just taking up too much time. And real life time is much more important than time spent in front of a screen blogging away. I think that you’ll find blogging once (or less) per day will save less of your time AND you’ll enjoy it more :)
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted…few things fridayMy Profile

You are exactly right! I do enjoy coming up with the topics more and not feeling frazzled if I don’t have two posts!

13. I too was blogging two or so times a day and I was just dedicating too much of my time to blogging. Although I had things to say and liking doing it, it was compromising other aspects of my life so I’m liking my once a day schedule much better! have a fabulous shower ;) can’t wait to hear about it !
    Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me recently posted…Friday FavoritesMy Profile

You’re so right! I don’t want to compromise anything in my life that I don’t want!