An Amazing Day! MIMM

I am so excited to be sharing what made my weekend marvelous this week! Thanks Katie for hosting!

MiMM logo

On Saturday, I had the pleasure of going to my FIRST bridal shower! For some reason, it kind of appeared out of no where! I knew it was coming, but it didn’t really hit me, and I wasn’t really excited until Thursday night. After that, I felt like a little kid on Christmas! I could not wait to see everyone!

I had friends come in from about 3.5 hours away, which was the nicest gesture I could’ve asked for! I became friends with them at college, and don’t see them too often because of the distance. I was blessed they drove in for my shower.

My shower was “brunch style” so we had scrambled eggs, French Toast, bacon, Fried Chicken, Roasted Red Potatoes and Ham. There were also muffins and pastries. It was all delicious! My dad came, too, to be the “photographer”.” However, I forgot to snap pictures of the food, and forgot to tell him to!

Being the center of attention was a bit much, and I was nervous when I first started opening gifts, but then I fell into a groove and just went with it! I loved everything I received, and didn’t even receive duplicates! What made my shower even more special was that my bridesmaids took care of everything! You all know me, and know that I have been stressed, and become stressed with anything. SO! The fact that they did it all and left me completely out of it made it even better. I am lucky to have them all apart of my day!

Alright, I’m done talking! Here are some pictures from my day!

IMG_9392IMG_9399

Outfit of the day, and signs to my shower!

bridesmaids

My amazing bridesmaids that threw this entire shower!

family

Family <3

friends collage

Friends

gifts

Decorations and Friends!

It was an amazing day and we now have things for our house! It makes me even more excited to get marry in 2 1/2 months!!

Comments

1. Your dad is one heck of a photographer. All your photos turned out great, and hunnie you looked stunning. I love the dress on you. What a perfect day!
    Jessie recently posted…Marvelous In My Monday: Liebster AwardMy Profile

2. I love bridal showers. It looks like yours was wonderful. Enjoy the next couple of months. They’ll by.
    Liz recently posted…Three Ways Eating Can Help You Lose Belly Fat NaturallyMy Profile

3. I love your dress! How lucky you are :)
    Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle recently posted…My First 5K Ever!!!! ( Color Run recap )My Profile

4. Emma @ a mom runs this town says:

You look so pretty! Soak up all your showers!

5. Looks like such a lovely day. I personally like the “eat, drink, and be married” gift packaging. : )
    Kerry @ The Adventures of Z & K recently posted…An Ode to MomMy Profile

6. YAY! I am so glad you had a beautiful shower!!!!! Looks so pretty and you looked so pretty!! How cool your dad took all the photos, he did a great job! Props to dad ;)

I bet you got so many awesome gifts too! Best part is just the loved ones that surrounded you though! So soon you will be married! <3
    Katie recently posted…MIMM #49 with Mother’s Day HighlightsMy Profile

Major props to dad! He asked me if I would like photos taken, and I hadn’t even thought about it before, but of course I do! lol

7. Awww it sounds like such a great time! You look gorgeous and I bet it was so nice to see your friends who live further away.
    Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted…Buddy RunnerMy Profile

8. It sounds like it was a great shower! I love that you were able to see friends you don’t get to see often, that is so special.
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…do what makes you happyMy Profile

9. you look GORGEOUS! and it looks like it was a beautiful day :)
    Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me recently posted…If Gravity HappensMy Profile

10. You looked so pretty! I am sure it was a wonderful time to spend with all your friends from college. Some of my friends have already moved away with real jobs & it’s always nice when they come home.
    Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted…The Best DessertMy Profile

11. First, you looked so beautiful and I love the dress.
    Second, I completely agree with the whole eyes on me thing… I felt so uncomfortable in those situations during our wedding events too. I wish I could say it’ll get easier as you approach the wedding but… ;)
    Third, I felt the same way about all of my friends who traveled…. such a huge gift right there!

<3 Have a great Monday!
    Cori @ olivetorun recently posted…Escaping the Hamburglar- Volunteer EventMy Profile

Aww thank you! At least I know not to expect it to get easier :) Haha Tip from the pro ;)

Honestly, I would have been happy just seeing their face and getting no gift! It was huge for each of them to drive!

12. I couldn’t help but giggle when you said you said you felt uncomfortable being the center of attention – totally feeling you on that one. But you looked absolutely gorgeous (love that dress!!), and you definitely deserved to have all eyes on you :) Glad to hear that you had such an awesome shower, girl!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. opening pandora’s box .My Profile

Thank you! Before all this started, I never would’ve thought I’d have a hard time. I do teach, so eyes are constantly on me (well, if they’re listening!) But around family and friends, it felt so weird!! HAha

13. Oooh how fun! I love the dress you picked, and I agree – you deserved to have everyone’s eyes on you. Glad to hear it went so well, looks like a fun time!!
    Ari recently posted…Online “window shopping” and dreaming BIG dreams…My Profile

14. It looks like you had so much fun! And I love that you had friends travels so far for your shower! True friends are so special, and of course family is special!

That is also impressive that you didn’t receive any duplicates! Don’t worry, the next 2 and a half months will fly by!
    Becky recently posted…Happy Mother’s Day!My Profile

I was so beyond happy that they traveled for me! I felt very important hahah

I can’t believe your day is so close!!

15. You all look so beautiful! I love your dress by the way!
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted…MIMM: Remember What Your Old Pal SaidMy Profile

16. You look gorgeous!!! So excited for you and the shower looks amazing!
    Christina @ TheTinyRunner recently posted…Motivational MondayMy Profile

17. gorgeous dress!

18. How fun! Everything looks wonderful! Your getting so close to the big day!

19. Awww yay! You looked gorgeous :) I’m so happy that you had such a wonderful day! It’s always so much fun to see what everyone gets at bridal showers…lucky girl not to get duplicates, too! Always nice to get what you need :)
    Caitlin recently posted…Marvelously RelaxingMy Profile

20. I love your dress! Looks like it was a great day!
    Ashley recently posted…Sunday Done RightMy Profile

21. Love your dress!!! So cute and spring-y :)
    Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted…Glossybox Giveaway WINNER!My Profile

22. I love your dress!! Where is it from?
    So glad you enjoyed your shower!
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted…from the weekendMy Profile

It’s actually from Body Central.. I know.. I should probably move on past that store! Haha but it was too cute!

23. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous!! It looks like you had a great shower :).
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted…Vegan Bean and Sausage CassouletMy Profile