1. The Penguin’s were back in action last night! Needless to say the Steelers are pretty awful, but at least the Pirates are in the playoffs for the first time in years (though lost really bad last night) , and the Penguin’s are back! Aaron and I enjoyed pizza and homemade cookies watching the first game last night. Pittsburgh is just everywhere this week!
2. Aaron and I are running a 6.6K on Sunday for the Penguins actually. It is this unique distance (4.1 miles) to pay homage to the great Mario Lemieux and proceeds benefit two great causes. This will be the first 5K race for Aaron and our first one together! I’m so excited
3. Oh Jury Duty this week. Man it was rough! Think sitting on your butt for 2 days straight, and locked in a room with 99 other people, lol. Thankfully I am not on the case, as it was between 6-8 weeks long, and that would have meant a very cranky Heather driving into town and out of town during peak rush hour every day. Glad it’s over!
4. I’m hoping to get my 9 miler in today instead of tomorrow. I know Sunday’s race will be an easy run, and not a race by any means, but since I’m off today, I’m hoping to get it in and have a break tomorrow. I’m also excited for a day off with Aaron! He has every other Friday off, and I happen to be off today, too.
5. This week has been a really emotional and tough week. Things have happened that I will probably never share, but it has been a very long and stressful one. It just shows how family sticks together and will be there for each other, but I still wish I could have changed things. Aaron has stepped up and been amazing this week. He’s always amazing, but he went above and beyond this week, so this is basically a thank you to him. I’m so lucky to have married him, and to have him when times are tough. Not only has he had dinner waiting for me after my long day in court, and had flowers ready, but he’s done the smallest things that have made the biggest difference.
I know he is capable of doing everything he did, but he works long hours, so I try to have it all done for him when he gets home. However, this week he did so much without even knowing what any of it would mean to me. Don’t you just love when that happens?
He even organized my tea cabinet.
And now since I included like no pictures, here’s a photo dump of the past few days!
Turn my back for one second and he jumped in the fridge. it’s a good thing he is a good cuddler and makes up for it!
Taking a nap on me yesterday… I hung out with Myste the other day and she loves me and misses me so much!… Tea was needed in vast amounts yesterday. Exhaustion from the week hit and it took everything in me to stay awake while teaching!