Low Key, Baking Kind of Weekend- MIMM

I had a very low key, but completely enjoyable weekend. It didn’t seem to fly too fast (though I always want them to be longer!), and was full of my favorite people. I’ve actually taken a few days off from blogging (my posts were written up), and just kind of done my own thing. As much as I love catching up with everyone, it can be draining making sure to comment, and share posts. Well, if I had access to a computer that didn’t block them, it might be easier Winking smile Anyway, it was a nice break, but I’m ready for a new week!

Friday:

I started the day with my workout bright and early because I knew I had some errands to run after school. One of the elementary schools I sub for gets done with school at 2:35, so I knew I would have a good bit of time. It felt great to cross off all those to-dos on my list in one trip.
Aaron came home from work and we hung out on the couch for a bit watching Breaking Bad. Side note: We are almost done! Aaron headed out with his friends for the Pen’s game, while I had some therapy with retail at Tanger Outlets.

I really only went into Old Navy because they had deals going on, and I found what I wanted! Look where I happened to stop on the way home, too…

photo 2

Friday was one of those days that I could never really stay full. I was starving shortly after every meal, and happened to be craving one of these! It was everything I wanted.

Saturday:

After my glorious run in the cold (honestly, I kind of enjoyed it), I got to work being productive! I cleaned our entire house from top to bottom. There is probably no better feeling than a clean house, right? Everywhere I looked there was something, so I tackled it all. On specific area was our closet with our shoes just thrown and piled high. We had these containers that were no longer being used, and they fit our everyday shoes perfectly!

photo 3

After finishing, I headed to my parent’s to catch up, while Aaron went with my brother to a Beer Tasting. The rest of the day was spent grocery shopping for next week, and making two batches of homemade cinnamon rolls. For some reason, one batch rose very nicely, while the other failed. Making cinnamon rolls is no joke! It took me a while, but I really enjoyed it, so that was all that matters.

Sunday:

I was up bright and early to start my work in the kitchen! While the cinnamon rolls baked, I whipped up a batch of Chocolate chip cookies, and ran to Target for some things I couldn’t find yesterday. I also made my way to Emily’s house (one of my best friends who lives in Florida) for a brunch with her family! I haven’t seen her since my wedding, but she happened to be up for another wedding yesterday. This would be the reason for the cookies and cinnamon rolls Winking smile It was such a nice time catching up with everyone. Everything was delicious, and beautifully set up!

photo 4

Once I came home, I went back to the kitchen. I guess this weekend was spent more in there than anywhere? I baked some ham and egg cups (I think they turned out.. time will tell for breakfast tomorrow!), banana protein muffins, and chocolate chip protein bites. You know what I dislike the most about baking? All of the pans. I tried to get Aaron to let me help him in the yard to get out of clean up duty, but he wasn’t having it (and I hate working in the yard).

It ended up to be a beautiful day, so I spent the afternoon catching up on blogging and magazines, with my tea in hand, outside on the back porch. I have no idea how much longer we will be able to just sit out here and relax, so I truly did treasure it.

photo 5

I should also mention that this weekend was full of Benny. I haven’t shared so many pictures lately (no idea why!), but he’s a stinker. Last week he climbed in the ceiling of our basement and got stuck, he runs around like a mad mad, but he’s the nicest and sweetest boy. I love having him cuddle up with me, and he has had more than his fair share of attention this weekend!

Benson collage

Of course he is sleeping in most pictures because that’s the only time I can take them! Ha If I pull out my phone while playing with him, he attacks it. Soo, yeah, not many pictures of those!

Thanks, Diva, for another reason to smile on this Marvelous Monday!

MiMM logo

Name 2 things you had fun doing this weekend?
What magazines do you subscribe to?

Comments

1. Love those low key weekends the best. Mine was pretty similarly quiet and I didn’t hate it. Sometimes it’s nice to have a day on the couch or enjoy a delicious frozen concoction. I had one Friday night too. It did the trick to tame the hunger beast!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…MIMM: the little thingsMy Profile

The hunger beast is no joke. I guess it’s from my run on Thursday..? I am not sure but seems that way to me lol

2. We had a low key weekend too! Those are the best, right!?! Lets see, I did some baking, we watched a movie and we went out for an anniversary dinner. It was great, but it went my super fast!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…3 Key Relationship LessonsMy Profile

3. I feel like I have a bunch of magazines that have been sitting there, like fitness magazine, that I just haven’t had too to look through. Blogging takes a lot more time then most people think!
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…Pumpkins & SeedsMy Profile

I know! I really need to start going through them. I managed to get through 2 yesterday haha I have a pile of like 30 ha

4. It looks like a fabulous weekend. I am the worst blogger and don’t even look at them all weekend. I just need those couple of days to unplug. It’s probably not the best idea for my blog, but it is the best for me! I baked this weekend too, and by baking I mean instant cookies topped with store bought candy..
    Heather Murphy recently posted…New routines, the best cookies and a lower body circuit.My Profile

Love your idea of baking ;) I don’t think there is anything wrong with unplugging for the weekend! Honestly, it’s time to spend with the fam and get things done!

5. Sounds like a fabulous weekend to me! I enjoyed relaxing with my husband all day Saturday, and then celebrating my grandpa’s 82nd birthday yesterday! I treasure family time so much! I did some low key workouts this weekend, so I am ready for a major sweat session today!
    Becky recently posted…Push Yourself Pyramid WorkoutMy Profile

Sometimes those low key workouts are what you need to get back to the sweaty ones :) Glad you were able to enjoy family time. It really is the best!

6. Nothing beats a McFlurry – although Blizzards are up there =) Glad you had a fun weekend with all your loved ones. Those are the best kinds!
    Jessie recently posted…MIMM: Hawaii OverloadMy Profile

7. Honestly, nothing beats a relaxing Sunday. In the moment, they may not seem all that exciting, but they are always wonderful to look back on.
    Happy Monday!
    Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted…Being ‘Suzy’My Profile

8. Aw Benny is such a cuddle bug :). I agree! Cinnamon rolls are so much fun to make! I need to make some again, I have a feeling I will be doing some major baking soon. But cleaning the pans does suck, that is defiantly my least favorite part. I had fun just hanging and relaxing with my boyfriend, and going to Petco, one of my favorite stores :)
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted…Oh What’s Up Bro?My Profile

9. I think baking and unplugging were the themes this weekend — I’ve noticed that a lot of bloggers did it, and it was the same for me. I love blogging, but sometimes you just need a little time away to enjoy the other things, am.I.right? Especially when those other things involve treats coming out of the kitchen ;)
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. on the right foot .My Profile

Yes, you are definitely right! I had the same problem as you last week. I have a few topics I really want to write about, but I just couldn’t get thoughts out and just stared at my screen. Luckily I had some drafts that needed used, but I think I just needed a break!

10. I love chill weekends like that! It’s so important to recharge, snuggle with your kitty, and just enjoy being at home. I usually avoid blogging on the weekends too, just makes you look forward to it more come Monday!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Partying, Eating, and CostumesMy Profile

11. I’ve made cinnamon rolls before, and you’re right! They’re pretty intensive haha. Baking is always therapeutic to me but I just don’t get to do it as much at school because I have other things I need to buy and my kitchen is tiny. I do the best I can though! PS I tried that Spooktacular arm workout you posted, and it was no joke.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…My Last HallOUween [MIMM #13]My Profile

Oh I completely understand! I hardly ever baked while at school, and I definitely missed it! So glad you tried the workout!!

12. haha you are so right with baking, all the pans. However,I won’t lie, I barely ever bake. I suck at following recipes.
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted…Hey hey, You you.My Profile

You and baking probably wouldn’t get along well, then ;) Haha I find that you can experiment with ingredients sometimes in recipes, but following a recipe helps the most. It’s not like cooking where you can just throw things in, lol.

13. Yay for a great weekend and yay for outlet shopping! We almost went to Tanger yesterday, I am surprised I don’t go weekly since I live 3 minutes away!

Have a great week girl!
    Katie recently posted…MIMM #73 with Our Halloween Weekend and a First Pumpkin!My Profile

Jealous you live so close! I am pretty excited that I only live 20 minutes away now! Well, and scared because those deals are awesome!

14. You had a great weekend!! Sometimes a low key weekend is just what the doctor ordered :)
    Yesterday was fun for us – a Halloween party with a bunch of our friends and the kids and then Chinese food with my parents and grandparents! I’m REALLY looking forward to Halloween on Thursday & the annual Halloween party that our friends host (sans kids!!), which is Saturday! Happy Monday :)
    -Sammy
    Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream recently posted…WOD – October 27, 2013My Profile

15. I am so glad you took some time to yourself and didn’t focus on the blogosphere world- so important. I did love and appreciate your email though… you are always so sweet to me. :) Have a great week!
    Cori @ olivetorun recently posted…Count Your Blessings- 28 Day PrintableMy Profile

16. Sounds like a fun weekend! I also really can’t stand having pans leftover to clean after baking. I am so lazy about that… I made chocolate chip cookies & went to Target this weekend too ;)

I used to really enjoy Fitness magazine, but after getting it for 4 years in a row, it all started to be repeats of basically the same thing. But if you’re fresh to it, I love that mag!
    Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted…How to Use a Post Calendar for Your BlogMy Profile

Love Target :) I have gotten Self for years, and feel the same way about it. I don’t even know what magazines I’m subscribed to. For some reason a bunch appeared after we moved, and randomly new ones come. I do enjoy looking at them, but when they get repetitive (like reading fitness, self, and shape all at once!), it gets annoying lol

17. Relaxed weekends are the best!
    Your kitten is so dang cute! I am adopting a lynx tomorrow and am so excited!
    Candice Bement recently posted…Never Give Kids the Bag + Two WorkoutsMy Profile