My Christmas List is Complete

Happy Friday!

sleeping in my lap

Benny is pretty excited it’s Friday. He thinks it’s been a long week.

Side note: Anytime I sit with my legs crossed on the ground, he immediately jumps in and cuddles up to go to sleep.

logo22-700x499

1.  This. I’m not saying it’s the hardest job out there, but it’s definitely harder than what people think. Every time I share a story with someone on what’s going on, or what’s different today, they are shocked. Makes you think twice before you say it’s an easy job.

2. Loved, loved, loved all your sweet comments yesterday! You sure do know how to make me feel the best. I feel confident it was the right decision, and am not giving up longer distances in the future if things change with my stomach. But for now, I know I’ll have a blast sharing this day with so many people! I believe we have two relay’s from just our families alone! It’ll be so fun.

3. After my eye appointment yesterday afternoon, I decided to hit up Marshalls. It’s closer to my parent’s than us, and was down the road from the doctors. I had full intentions to start shopping for my brother and Aaron. I know exactly what I want to get them, and thought maybe I would find things there. I started shopping in the shoes (who doesn’t?) and made my way around the store- stopping at the active apparel. Oh my word! I found so many adorable tops (think thumbholes and running tops) that I definitely want. I also found various accessories, like headbands, wrist pocket, etc. for running. Honestly, I was in heaven in that store. I took pictures of so much, and sent them to my mom. I had been explaining kind of what I wanted, but I cannot pay full price for tops. I wish I could, but I am 1. cheap, and 2. would hardly own anything then. Anyway, I sure hope Santa got the message so I can wake up to all this adorable running apparel!

4. I’m not sure I mentioned it, but we did put a fake Christmas tree in our office. It’s fully decorated, and looks great. However, Benson loves it. I mean, loves it. The second you open the door to the office, he darts from wherever he is. Unfortunately, this little munchkin is ruining it! He’s biting the lights, playing with the ornaments (thank goodness they are unbreakable ones!), and the branches are starting to fall. I have resorted to the spray bottle, and he hates it. I’m really hoping this deters him before we get a real one. I can see him covered in sap after work one day.. oh boy!

benny in the tree

I started disciplining him after I took a video and this picture, ha. I know, I shouldn’t have, but he is just  really cute in the tree.

5. I am so excited for all the holiday things going on starting next week! I am a full believer in being thankful for everything we have all year round, and getting to be around family. We are definitely making the most out of our holiday season, but I’m trying to remember to slow down, and enjoy each moment. It can be really difficult, sometimes, when we get carried away. I’m pretty sure we have things each weekend from now until Christmas! It will be so fun.

Does/did your animal love the Christmas tree?

Where do you get the majority of your workout clothes?

I never really shopped at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. Most times, it overwhelms me going through all the racks, but now I love it! I still shop at Wal Mart, Gap, JCPenney, and sometimes Target, though, for workout apparel!

Comments

1. You can totally find some cute (and cheap!) clothes at Marshalls you just have to have a little patience with looking through the racks
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…Feature Friday: Working Out & Eating InMy Profile

2. I too recently discovered the wonderful workout section in Marshall’s/TJ Maxx. I like Marshalls better, even though they’re kind of the same store. I got an awesome outdoor running jacket with thumb holes for like $25 and elsewhere it would have been like $80. Love that!

Benny is so cute in the tree!
    Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted…When I Met God, Part IIMy Profile

I KNOW!! I fell in love with this jacket, but vowed not to buy it for myself. It had thumbholes, 1/4 zip, thicker for running, excellent material. Ahh it was heaven and ONLY $19.99 compared to the $80 somewhere else.

3. I have never gone to Marshall’s for workout clothes; I will have to check it out! TJ Maxx does have some good stuff though! I love Target’s clothes and JCPenney’s workout clothes too! I am definitely ready for all of the holiday fun to start. Like you, I want to embrace and cherish every moment.
    Becky recently posted…Meatless Monday #2My Profile

TJ Maxx and Marshalls are both owned by the same people so I’m guessing they are similar. I definitely don’t go too often, but it was nice to see things that are excellent quality for much less.

4. Marshall’s and TJ Maxx absolutely ROCK in the active wear sections. If only they carried Nike Pro… then we’d be in business. They have the coolest colors too. Neon… and Mint…. and I’m total heaven when I go there.
    D @ The Kosher Cave Girl recently posted…Lemongrass Chicken Soup {Paleo, 21DSD}My Profile

5. I have a ridiculous amount of respect for teachers. I honestly do think it’s one of the more challenging jobs out there, and one of the most important. A good teacher can make SUCH a huge difference in a child’s life, and it really bugs me when they don’t get the props they deserve.

And ohhhh, Marshalls. I have a love/hate relationship with that place. I love it because you can find some real gems, but I hate it because you really need to have some patience to look through those racks.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. seasonal exercise .My Profile

I completely agree that a good teacher makes ahuge difference. The other is true, too, though. Bad teachers make just that much of an impression on a student. Sometimes it ruins a student’s future, sometimes ruins their self esteem. Unfortunately, those teachers are still working.

I never have patience. I need to work on it.. so maybe I should shop at Marshalls more? lol That’s exactly why I don’t shop there, lol

6. I love all of your five things! I have a ton of teachers in my family, and many if my friends are teachers, so they definitely get my respect. My cousin is just finishing up her time with Teach For America, and oh my word, there were times when I talked to her where I thought we were going to have to get that girl on meds! I really have respect for teachers who teach at inner city/ low income schools.
    Heather Murphy recently posted…Friday funny: Famous Trio’s 2.0My Profile

7. Oh my gosh, that picture of Benny is so adorable! He looks so happy and cozy there! When I was still living at home, we had a cat named Tigger and he loved to sleep under the Christmas tree. He’d spend hours under there. It was the cutest ever!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…{Guest Post} The Carrageenan ControversyMy Profile

I wouldn’t mind if he slept under it! I just can’t buy new “fake” trees every year because he ruins them, lol.

8. Thank you for sharing that first article!
    Have a great weekend and let me know about Sunday :)
    Cori @ olivetorun recently posted…The ABCs of BloggingMy Profile

9. Awww your cat is the cutest thing!
    Aurora@Fitness is Sweet recently posted…Nerd Alert and Biking Through RiversMy Profile

10. Oh my cat looooves the Christmas tree. She likes to sleep under it like she’s one of the presents. It’s adorable. Then the dog tries to fit under there too and it gets even cuter. Little Benny is so sweet!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Friday ObsessionsMy Profile

That’s how Benny started, sleeping under it, and I thought it was so cute. Then he became just a bit too adventurous. lol

11. i buy all my workout wear at marshalls/tj maxx/ross – and walmart and pennys I am cheap also. I refuse to pay $30+ for a shirt to sweat in! Pennys and walmart actually have some really cute shirts. i wear them all them time, not just for the gym!

we had to screw our christmas tree to the wall with a rope one year because it kept falling. not because of animals though.

Yes!!! I completely agree!! Now, I do have standards as to them needing to be dri-fit material, not cotton! I love Penny’s and Walmart. I should buy stock in Walmart honestly, lol. Haha Christmas trees definitely don’t all stand the same! My family has a huge tree.. like over 10 feet.. and when we used to buy real ones, we had the same problem! Now it’s fake because real ones were too costly.

12. Love that top picture of Benny!!! He’s so darn adorable, I can’t take it. I can’t wait til we put up our christmas tree! My cat liked the full size one way too much, so we opted for a smaller one, and she still loves it. Whenever she is getting into things I always walk over and ask her “what are you doing??”, and she’ll meow back at me like she’s talking haha it’s so bad because I treat her like a child, and sometimes she gets away with things because she is too cute hahaha I would be a horrible mother.
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted…Body Image: I Love My Body? {Part 1}My Profile

Oh I treat Benson like a child, too. Haha I always ask that and it wouldn’t be as terrible, except when I come in and find him in the tree as soon as he sees me he tries running to me.. while in the tree.. bringing all the lights and ornaments off. Aaron disciplines Benny more than me lol I just cant!

13. Omg how cute is that first pic! I have no problem believing he loves the tree either. Any cat we’ve had is the same way, and we can all tell stories about one or all of them knocking the tree done on more than one occasion. I’m so excited for light up night…definitely getting me in the holiday spirit :) And workout gear wise, i love targetz tj maxx does have great deals but i get too overwhelmed in there after 10 minutes haha
    Caitlin recently posted…Fun Facts FridayMy Profile

My other cats at my parent’s never cared about the tree! Darn Benny, lol. I think Marshalls might be better than TJ Maxx at not overwhelming me as much. Not positive as I don’t go to either frequently, ha. Actually, I get overwhelmed shopping just about anywhere that I have to look through racks, lol

14. TJ Maxx has some great workout clothing buys! You just have to be willing to hunt through all the not so cute stuff too. I like to get my workout clothing at the outlets, like the UA and Nike outlet. When I feel like MINO I’ll shop at Lulu, but their stuff is so ridiculously expensive it’s hard to justify purchases. Have a greta weekend :)
    Leslee @ Her Happy Balance recently posted…Friday Favorites!My Profile

15. Marshall’s is the best for quick finds. I need that place to keep my wallet happy.
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted…It’s a Roadblock.My Profile

16. Benson is so adorable in the tree! Last year our dog would always play with the ornaments on the lower branches. Unbreakable ornaments are the way to go when you have pets! haha
    Lauren @Will Run for Boston recently posted…Finally Fall & Butternut Squash Bisque RecipeMy Profile

17. We used to have a cat and she would knock the ornaments off the tree at night. Our dog doesn’t pay much attention to it but I’m sure The Love Nugget will be quite interested this year…
    Giselle Schroer Schroer recently posted…Thanksgiving FavoritesMy Profile

18. Can’t wait to put up our tree next week! Have a great weekend ;)
    Jen@PregnantDiabetic recently posted…19 WeeksMy Profile

19. We just have a really small fake tree but the cat loves it and is constantly trying to climb it and then knocking it over. I think we are going to put it out of his reach this year (after we take a few photos of him playing with it of course)
    Casey @ Salted Plates recently posted…Our Thanksgiving MenuMy Profile