Snow storm from no where- MIMM

As I type this up, I’m sipping on some tea, candles lit along with my tree, watching the snow come down outside. Is there anything better than that? I just love seeing snow outside. Yes, it’s cold. But! I’d rather it snow and be cold than just be cold. At least this allows me to look at something pretty. It makes for the ending to one marvelous weekend. Thanks, Katie!

MiMM logo

Friday:

Friday night decorating

After work Friday, Aaron and I headed to my parent’s for dinner and decorating. Their tree is one of my favorite trees, ever. It’s over 10 feet tall and huge. With all the ornaments and lights on, it’s beautiful. However ,it’s also a ton of work to put up, so we went over to help. Usually it only goes up on Black Friday, but this year they wanted a head start. There are about 4,000 lights on it, so just imagine the work that is! Luckily, we were able to get it all put up, and decorated that night! While my mom and I tackled lights, Aaron volunteered to make us some homemade chocolate chip cookies. I sure taught him well!

We came home around 10:30 and Aaron wanted to get our Santa and Snowman up! Pittsburgh had it’s light up night on Friday, so he thought we should, too. I love our outside all lit up!

Saturday:

saturday at the mall

Aaron and I woke up early to get an early start on moving his brother, Andrew, to his new apartment. Of course the day started out with Aaron testing out the recliner we were giving him, and falling over backwards. Only him! Ha

After coming home, one of my favorite things happened. Aaron came running with me! It was only about 35 degree and windy, but he came!

Quickly after warming up, we had his brother and sister, Alex and Rachael over for dinner and to hang out. It’s hard having everyone together in the family, but I really enjoy when we hang out with one or two of them at a time. We always have fun. We headed to the mall later that evening to walk around, where I obviously had to buy some winter soaps at Bath and Body Works! We actually got 2 mason jar candles too, the Mint Chocolate one, and Winter one. Aaron is in love with the mint, haha.

However, imagine the surprise when we walked outside to see everything covered in snow! Brief background: Aaron and I live no more than a minute from where we parked at the mall. In fact, we should have walked home. The roads were so bad and it took us over 20 minutes to get home. Cars were backed up so far, sliding all around. I was praying we made it home without crashing! Rachael and Alex stayed until the snow stopped and salt trucks got out and the roads were safe! It was such a fun night with them, though!

Sunday:

snowy cold sunday

It was a cold start to the day! My water even froze in my car Winking smile

My aunt was in a car accident last November, injuring her foot. She’s had multiple surgeries since, but her ankle is still not right. She has a hard time walking and getting around, so she asked if we could go over and help her decorate for Christmas. Let me tell you, she has more Christmas things than anyone I know, but the mantle is just a snippet of how beautiful her entire house is. It was a lot of work (well, for one person, not for my aunts and cousin who were there!), but the end product is amazing. I hope to have her creativity one day!

It was a busy weekend, but it was a pretty great one. I love the holidays, and this weekend put me even more in the mood! Only 3 more days until Thanksgiving!
Has it snowed where you live yet?

Yep. It started a few weeks ago, and we get a little bit every few days!

Ever been in a car accident?

Unfortunately, yes. A guy rear-ended me when I was trying to make a left turn. I was ok, but I get nervous looking in my rear-view mirror every time I stop because I saw him coming at me.

Comments

1. car accidents are the worst, they seriously stress me out even if it’s not a bad one
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…Weekend Highlights & New Ab Training Plan!My Profile

2. Wow, your family decorates so early for Christmas! We still have all of our fall decorations up, so I think we’re going to wait another week or two before we put up the tree and stuff. We had some flurries in our area on Saturday, but nothing significant. It’s just super cold!

I hit a deer once. Does that count? Otherwise, luckily, I’ve never been in any real car accidents and thank goodness for that!!!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…MIMM #12 – Giving ThanksMy Profile

I’m glad you’ve never been in any major accidents! I would say a deer does count and that is really scary haha My mom hit one when i was in the car once, but thankfully we were ok!

3. Oh goodness, I’m so glad you guys got home safely! We saw the snow of course (and Saturday night was miserable to be out in…last time I’m wearing a dress for a LONG time :P ) but had no idea that the roads were that bad. Your weekend was full of Christmas, and I LOVE it :) I can’t wait to put up our stuff on Thursday, although I’ll have some work to do between now and then to cheaply acquire some new stuff (and/or raid my family’s stuff when I go home tomorrow). And well done Aaron! Joe would never think to make chocolate chip cookies while decorating…I’ll have to work on that one ;)
    Caitlin recently posted…Lights, Pictures, PotterMy Profile

I loveddd reading about your weekend! I would definitely agree a dress in that cold weather is brutal. Actually I wore a dress today and I’m not sure why, lol. It’s cold out there! Enjoy your week off! Can’t wait to hear about your time at home :) P.S. I stole things from my parent’s house, too ;)

4. A 10 foot tall Christmas tree?!? Omigosh amazing. Christmas is definitely my favourite time of the year, so I love that you got to partake in so much decorating this weekend :D I’m not pulling out the decor until next weekend, and I have to admit that the wait is already starting to make me a bit crazy… especially since we’re already buried in snow and it looks so much like Christmas here al ready!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. gingerbread pumpkin bars .My Profile

I can’t wait to hear all about your decorating!! I swear we aren’t always this much into holidays lol but I can’t say I’m upset about it ;)

5. It looks like you guys had a great weekend! I wish we saw some more often, but I am not very good with cold weather, so if probably get tired of it after a week! :)
    Heather Murphy recently posted…Weekend shenanigans.My Profile

6. so nice of you to help your aunt out, what a family affair to decorate for all.
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted…It’s Wicked Sad.My Profile

7. Your aunt’s mantle is so pretty! We don’t really get much snow in Southeast VA, maybe a couple days a year. That’s just fine with me! Glad you got home safely! I’m a complete spaz trying to drive in any kind of inclement weather.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…The laziest weekend I’ve ever hadMy Profile

I’d say a few days of snow are pretty great haha sometimes it gets overwhelming. Oh, and we don’t have a shovel yet oops!

8. I love how into the holidays your family gets! It’s so much fun! I don’t want to hear ANYTHING about snow though. Nothing at all. I need another solid month (to be exact, I would be okay waking up to a white christmas and then having it disappear the next day) before I’m ready for the fluffy white stuff outside my house. We are so lazy about decorating, we’re lucky if it gets done before Christmas eve! I do try to make multiple batches of christmas cookies early though. Those are a must ;)
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…MIMM: Almost HomeMy Profile

Christmas cookies are a definite ;) I need to start coming up with the kinds I want to make this year! I love so many haha. Yes i agree snow can be painful, but you get to go home a day earlier because of it!!

9. Unfortunately it never snows where I live, and I have a feeling once I’m done with school, I will be trying to move somewhere, where it snows :). Love all the family action this weekend! I spent a lot of time with my boyfriend and his family. Saturday it was me him and his mom. And Sunday it was me him and his sister, and the Patriots game of course :). Oh and you need to teach me how to teach my boyfriend to go make cookies ;)
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted…Body Image: I Love My Body? {Part 2}My Profile

snow is fun, but warm weather is really nice too hahah I love how much time you spent with family! I’m not exactly sure how I got her to make cookies.. I’ll see if I can find out some tips ;)

10. Looks like a fun weekend! Love all of the Christmas deocrations!
    Everyone in North Texas keeps talking about how we are having the worst winter storm ever…way below freezing temps, WIND, and no sleet or snow eventhough allt he weathermen keep saying we’re going to get some. I think if it’s going to be miserable out you at least need snow, right?

Yes, snow helps haha! We are supposed to be getting I think everything from you guys and then something from the north all at once tomorrow. I’m hoping for some delay or cancellation of school.. just sayin ;)

11. The decorations at your aunt’s look lovely! So nice of you to help her out. I was driving all day yesterday and it was so weird, going through super random patches of snow and then nothing at all. Apparently there is another storm coming through tomorrow night/Wednesday morning, but luckily I should be home before the worst of it hits tomorrow.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Thanksgiving WeekMy Profile

Haha yeah it was weird snow yesterday. We had inches and my aunt (15 minutes away) had none! So crazy. I am SO excited for the storm if it cancels school Wednesday haha. Drive safe!

12. Sounds like a fun weekend! I am not ready for all the Christmas yet, I feel like it’s still October! Also, I wish my bf would go running with me but he hates running =(

I have been in one accident where I got rear-ended as well, though my friend was driving. Some guy rear-ended us at a red light…turns out he was high on oxycodone…
    Patty (reach-yourpeak.com) recently posted…Motivational Monday!My Profile

Oh my husband hates running, too. haha or he did at least! I don’t know what’s gotten into him but I’ll take it!

OMG I’m glad you guys were ok! That’s not good at all! Accidents are so scary

13. Wow, looks like such a fun weekend! It hasn’t snowed here yet and I’m kind of dreading that it’s coming soon. I’m not a fan of the cold or the snow.
    Christie @ http://Kissesandkale.blogspot.com recently posted…Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice WafflesMy Profile

14. What beautiful Christmas decorations! Everyone in your family is really on top of things!! I’m looking forward to getting our tree and decorating this Friday – we don’t do the whole Black Friday thing so its nice to home, avoid the craziness, and pump up the Christmas tunes!
    Lauren @Will Run for Boston recently posted…Puppy Grooming, Catching Fire, and Patriots’ FootballMy Profile

15. It snowed in NYC briefly a week ago, but it was freezing this weekend. Some of the coldest weather I’ve ever experienced…which was weird because there was no snow so it didn’t look cold to me (being from Florida I expect to see snow anytime it is below 30 dregrees).

And I’m obsessed with the BBW mason jar candles. We have 6 in our house right now.

Sounds like you had a fun & festive weekend! :)