1. Tuesday night I was just not feeling the whole stay inside thing. I had a great day, managed to get a lot done, but I just needed out. Have you ever had those days? Aaron was game for anything, so we decided to go look at Christmas lights. We also decided that we should bring Benny along He never minded the car before, so we thought we’d try going around the block and see how he did. He loved it. I packed him into my coat and ran (okay, hobbled) to the car, and he just hung out on my lap the entire time.
We were gone for about 40 minutes, too! I wish I could say the Christmas Lights stole the show, but this cutie pie definitely made it better. We went to so many new neighborhoods, but the lights were less than stellar. Oh well, it was a fun time for us!
This house was my favorite- Crocodile and flamingo lights? They also had crabs in their yard, so funny.
2. I am subbing at a high school today. Some might find it boring, but listen to how easy the kids have it today (it’s the last day before break).
They can build Gingerbread houses with the Home Economics Teacher
They can watch “National Lampoons Christmas Vacation” and “Elf” in the audotorium
There is a Pickleball tournament in one gym
There are basketball games in the other gym
There is a DJ, hot chocolate, and coloring contest
There is a Chess tournament and games in the Media Center
See how great my day is going to be? I have never heard of this (and it’s my old high school) and am actually astounded it’s happening. There are zero classes for the kids today. I mean, even in elementary school the day goes on besides a party for an hour at the end of the day! Oh, and there’s an early dismissal. I’m pretty darn excited about this day! Haha
3. I cannot believe Christmas is only 5 days away! I am so excited, and ready for the festivities. We are actually going to have my family over for breakfast on Christmas, which I’m excited about! We are also having my cousins over on Monday night (some of them) to hang out and spend the night. I’m trying to decided a few dips to make for them and a breakfast! Any ideas?
4. I woke up yesterday to a clean house! Our house wasn’t dirty, per say, but there was just stuff that needed put away. Blankets were still all over, extra pillows to keep my foot up, random mail laying around. It was on my mind that it all needed put away, but I just couldn’t do it with my foot. I was shocked when I woke up and everything was put away! It pretty much made my entire day!
5. Today’s cookie includes an ingredient I don’t enjoy, but everyone else loves- nuts. They are sweet, but not too sweet. They are small for a bite size treat. They are beautiful and fit right in to the holiday spirit.
Look at those beauties Covered in nuts. Stuffed with jam. They draw people to them, I’m telling you.
Mix the butter, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla together.
Stir the flour and salt into the mix. Roll the dough into one inch balls.
Slightly beaten the egg white. Dip the balls into the egg white, and then roll into the nuts. Place on cookie sheet, and gently press your thumb into the middle of the cookie.
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool, and add the jelly to the middle (the thumb imprint) of each cookie! You may also add in fruit instead, or plain frosting. The jelly made these more holiday-like.
And with that, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Get all that last minute shopping done you crazy people Though I am looking forward to walking around the mall sometime soon with Aaron. No shopping, just walking around!