Christmas Part 3 Recap

I promise to be up and writing about health and fitness again, soon, but right now I want to share my last day of Christmas Celebrations.

As I briefly talked about, my dad’s family has always celebrated Christmas on the 26th. We love getting together, and having Christmas last just a bit longer. Our day usually starts at 3, and up until about 5 or 6 years ago, it was always celebrated at my Grandmas. Since she was placed in a nursing home, and since passed, my aunt and uncle have taken over, and this year another one of my aunts and uncles decided to host. It was a blast, as usual, so let’s get to some pictures.

Food collage

We ate lots. This wasn’t near what they had, but I was too busy stuffing my mouth to get any more pictures Smile There was also a dinner with some kind of meat, ham, mac and cheese, cheesy potatoes, salad, and fruit!

Family collage

We laughed, and had fun with each other.

Kid cousin Collage

We hung out with my cousin’s adorable kids. These would be like 1/5 of all my cousins kids. There are many, many!

mom and aunt jeanie

We do grab bag every year on this side. However, you have to either 1) be married, or 2) be 25 to participate. That meant Aaron and I were in it this year! Not only did we have a great time getting out gifts, we both received awesome ones (sweater and scarf for me, and mini tool bag and kit for him). Unfortunately, due to the whole postal service being behind deal, my mom and Aunt Jeanie didn’t get their gifts! This year was an “off” year in that most of the out of towners weren’t in (they do every other year), but they were still in grab bag! We Facetimed, though, and they both found out what their presents were. It was too funny that they were the only ones in the room without a gift! haha My cousin felt terrible, but they really should have been there on time!

It was a fantastic day, and a perfect end to our Christmas celebrations!

Who has Christmas decorations up still?
If you don’t, when did you take them down?

Comments

1. I’m taking mine down this weekend : ( I hate just taking them down right after Christmas. I have to slowly peel the band-aid off in this case.
    Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie recently posted…New Year, New Clothes (January Stitch Fix Review)My Profile

hahaha i love that you described it as a band aid. Better to yank it off, but I’m thinking it’s just fine now :)

2. our family friends do the same thing with a yankee swap, we had to be above the age of 18 to start being in it so now we live for it!!
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted…TOT: No, Not Tater TotsMy Profile

3. Your last Christmas celebration sounds like so much fun! I love that you have such a big family, and that you all still get together! I started getting my Christmas decorations down yesterday, but they are just in a big pile on the floor now lol. I am hoping to have everything put up by the end of this weekend. They just aren’t nearly as fun to take down as they are to put up! Haha!
    Becky recently posted…Time to Reveal a Little SecretMy Profile

Hahah I just hate the idea of taking them down and putting them away Mine might stay up until next year just so I don’t have to do that haha

4. This sounds so fun! I have to say, my favorite part was the “happy birthday baby Jesus” cake. I laughed out loud at that one. The Grab bag thing is so cool- my family does presents only for the kids so I’m counting down the days until I’m no longer one of them. Sad day.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Hangover Classic 5KMy Profile

haha I’m so glad everyone got a kick out of that cake! Aw man! I would definitely be sad about leaving the young kid stage, haha. I wish we got gifts as kids!

5. We actually took down our Christmas decor on New Year’s Eve, and like always it was bittersweet!

I hate the feeling of it being gone because it’s a year away now! But, I know how much better my house feels being all clean and organized!

6. All of that food looks and sounds good! I had to cut out a few pictures of gifts this year to give, one gift took 3 weeks to get here because of the delay in delivery! I took my decorations down Christmas Night and could not wait to get the house scrubbed that weekend. The clutter of Decorations from October thru December drives me a little insane.

Aww I can’t believe how many packages were delayed this year! It’s crazy! I understand the decorations cluttering the house up. After taking our tree down, our house looks a lot better!

7. Aaaaand I almost spit my coffee all over my computer screen when I saw that birthday cake for baby Jesus. Oh goodness. Brilliant :lol:

I love that you guys spread your celebrations out over so many days. My family celebrates all 3 days as well, but ours are a lot smaller since it’s just me and my mom and dad.

As for Christmas decor… mine is still up and probably will be until the middle of January :D
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. currently – january 2014 .My Profile

Hahaha We have had that cake every year for as long as I can remember! Glad to brighten the day with a laugh, though ;)

8. Mac and Cheese??? Yum!!! We took decorations down a couple days after. I think we need to get ours up sooner next year, I feel like I didn’t get to enjoy the Christmas spirit that much. And yay for scarves!! Those are the best winter accessory in my opinion :)
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted…Don’t Be AfraidMy Profile

9. Aww this sounds like a fun day and tradition hun! Why do you have to be married or 25 to do the grab bag haha? We still have everything up except our tree, which i found on our porch last saturday when i got home from running. Joe decided it was time to go…i told him that was all he could take down haha. The rest will prob be done on Sunday :P
    Caitlin recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #4My Profile

The family is so big, and such a huge age gap, that it was better to wait until you were 25 or married so the gifts were feasible. Also, the price point is $50 which is a bit much for young bucks :) We did a kids grab bag last year with the cousins, but this year that fell through since we left it haha

10. Looks like a blast, and the food looks great too!
    We usually take our Christmas decorations down pretty early. The only thing still up is our tree because our garbage people on take them on Fridays annnddd we got slammed by a snow storm today in NJ so we have to wait another week!
    Maria@TheBrooklynFig recently posted…2013 Blog SuperlativesMy Profile

Oh no! Funny story- our tree is outside, but we totally forgot to put it down for the garbage today. But, this would be the only week that the garbage men came early so I didn’t have time to get it down to the curb this morning.

11. My Xmas decor is still up! We usually wait until the second week of January to take them down. I remember my mom’s house looking so bare when the decorations went away lol. Kudos on the baby Jesus cake… I may have to steal that idea for next year!! haha :)

Do it! It is Jesus’s birthday, after all :) I still have the rest of my decor up and not sure when I will want to take it down. I feel like it fits in when it starts snowing, which it is now haha

12. Sounds like a really fun last Christmas celebration! All of our Christmas decorations are still up – including the tree – because we just got home from visiting my family last night. Taking everything down and putting it away is #1 priority on my to-do list for this weekend!
    Lauren @Will Run for Boston recently posted…2014 GoalsMy Profile

You had a long trip home! That’s so fun. I’m sure you are probably Christmased out so taking it down will give you a fresh start :) Good luck!

13. I love your maroon infinity scarf! I was going to wait until today to take stuff down, but since I had time on New Year’s day, I took it down then. It was nice to have a fresh start and clean everything up on the 1st, but I really miss my tree now :(
    Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted…2013 Blogging in ReviewMy Profile

I know the feeling :( I hate when Christmas stuff has to come down. it’s so depressing! Ha Means there’s another whole year we have to wait for it again!