New Years 2013

As you may know with my New Years Resolutions, I’m also not a big fan of staying up all night for New Years. Call me old, but I would be perfectly content hanging out on the couch, enjoying something yummy, and calling it quits before midnight. Maybe next year I can pretend New Years is at 10:00? Yeah, probably not! Anyway, I wanted to recap my New Years, which was a lot of fun! If you don’t want to read it, skip to the bottom for the workout!DSCN0303

Ugly sweaters encouraged. Aaron somehow found one, even though he didn’t wear one!

DSCN0304

We had so many appetizers and snacks, and spent the majority of the evening enjoying the food, and drinks. Brittany made a Sangria with blueberries in it, but I stuck to my New Years Eve Wine. Aaron chose not to indulge in any of this, but I was all over it! Moscato is one of my favorites, and this one was so good. I practically finished the entire bottle, on my own, and I’m not ashamed. For that being the first time since our wedding having more than one glass of wine, I was perfectly fine indulging.

DSCN0300

The girls hung out by the food, catching up, filling each other in on our lives, and basically talking all things wedding. I got married this summer, Brianna, got married on Saturday (!!), and Brittany just got engaged so she’s planning her wedding. It’s so fun!

photo 3

The boys were playing Beer Pong, telling stories, and just laughing away. Around 11:30, we started playing Kings, but it didn’t last too long.

DSCN0305

Between telling stories, laughing at each other, and catching up on the New Years TV shows, the clock was counting down before we knew it! Honestly, this was the fastest midnight has shown up in a long time!

DSCN0308

Champagne toast at Midnight

We stayed for a bit after Midnight before I called it quits and we headed home. I knew I wouldn’t sleep in much on Wednesday, and could hardly keep my eyes open! It was a great night full of friends, laughter, and fun!

photo 2DSCN0306photo 1

What did you do for New Years?
Are you into going out for it or staying home?

I would love to get all dressed up and go somewhere fancy for it!

Comments

1. i think the best part about new year’s is just being with friends. Looks like you had a good night!
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted…Supernova Girl.My Profile

2. Aaron’s “sweater” is cracking me up! Perfect for New Years!
    Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie recently posted…What Defines You?My Profile

3. This year Ryan and I just stayed at home and relaxed by ourselves. We had a good dinner, watched a movie, and then went to bed lol! It really was perfect though! But I do enjoy having a party with friends for New Years Eve too because hanging out with friends is always fun! Y’all’s party looks so fun!
    Becky recently posted…The Best Day of my Life: Pre-Wedding CeremonyMy Profile

4. Haha funny story- growing up my mom used to change the clocks from 10 to midnight to trick us into thinking we had gotten to stay up. I didn’t find out until a few days ago! As hard as it is to stay up late, I think sometimes nights like that are worth it and I’m glad you had fun with friends :)
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Awkward.My Profile

I’m switching my clocks next year. I completely busted out laughing while reading this, lol. They sure did keep it a secret long enough, huh?

5. Looks like a great way to spend NYE! We just stayed in and made dinner, which was a lot of fun too. One of these days I want to see NYE in New York, but I think just once will do!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Letting go of your “best” bodyMy Profile

I agree! I think it would be so fun to be at and enjoy, but then I think of the crowds, haha. Maybe one of these years I’ll get there :)

6. Sounds like a lot of fun! I went out for a casual dinner with my parents and my daughter (my husband was working) and then we hung on the couch and ate peanut M&Ms. :) We stayed up until midnight because we were watching “A Walk to Remember” and I wanted to see the end.

7. Aw that looks like a ton of fun! After the night I had, I think I’m up for going out on NYE only every so often. And mannnn I felt it the next day. Not fun! I have a pretty good group of friends at home, one that I actually didn’t expect to have, and we do get togethers like yours often. It can be more fun that going out somewhere, in my opinion. :) Although, like you said, it is fun to dress up too!
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Two Yoga Resources I’ve Been Loving LatelyMy Profile

If I could still party it up like my college days, things might be different. Considering I feel like I died the next day with like 2 drinks, I’d prefer not to be doing anything too crazy ;)

8. That sounds like a lot of fun!! I didn’t do anything. I’m not too good at staying up, so I decided that I would rather go to bed early and just get up at my normal time and get my workout in. So I was out like a light at 9:30 hahaha.
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted…•Simple•My Profile

9. OMG…that sweater is too funny! My idea of New Year’s is the exact same as yours. Spending time on the couch and calling it quits before midnight is exactly what I wanted to do; although, we got invited to a friends’ house, so that’s where we went. It was really low key though. There were only 6 of us there and we left by about 12:30. Next year though, I just want to stay home.
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…Totally Random Bits of Info #6My Profile

10. I like house parties like you guys did. Way more comfortable and fun :)
    Caitlin recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #5My Profile

11. We switch it up every year, I swear. One year we’ll go out, one year we’ll throw a party… this year we stayed home. :)
    Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted…Harder Than It Looks {Stability Ball Workout}My Profile

12. We switch it up every year, this year we went out to dinner then watched bowl games and passed out at 10:30 haha maybe next year we’ll do it big :)

13. I used to be all about going out on the town and partying it up when I was younger, but I’ve definitely switched over to preferring more quiet ways to ring in the New Year over the last couple of years. This year involved hanging out with a bunch of friends, playing board games, and drinking champagne. We were going to go downtown and watch the fireworks, but it was honestly too cold and no one felt like freezing. That being said, dressing up and doing something more fancy would definitely be fun as well!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #60 .My Profile

Sounds like a fantastic New Years this year! I don’t blame you for not freezing, lol. Sometimes the cold wins, ha

14. I love staying home because you can go to bed right after midnight! haha. This year we were at home with my family so we all stayed in, had some more family and friends over and ate pizza (and other snakcs) and played games all night! :)
    Lauren @Will Run for Boston recently posted…Choosing HappinessMy Profile

That’s exactly why I love it! We didn’t leave too late but still had to drive home then get ready for bed, etc. Sounds like a fun night this year for yours!

15. I am also not a huge fan of going out! This year I had a nice dinner party with some of my good friends… two of us justified we were good to go once Chicago had celebrated New Years (only 11pm) our time, but we can’t wait for everyone to be in the new year! (;
    Hayley @ healthyregardshayley recently posted…A swim in the snow and a bike ride in the saunaMy Profile

Love your thinking. I’m pretty sure if I lived on the West Coast I would celebrate New Years when us Easterners do… aka 8 pm. That way I could get to bed earlier! lol

16. Last year we went out with friends for New Years, but, like you, I’m all for calling it a night early, so this year we just hung out at home and had a low-key night :)
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted…negativity and confidenceMy Profile

17. Dear Aaron, you totally should’ve rocked the ugly sweater! Ha Ha – Sounds like y’all had a blast. Again, happy New Year!
    Jessie recently posted…Sugar and Oreo CookiesMy Profile