Five Things Friday; Benson is needy

logo22-700x499

Perhaps this logo is a bit outdated..

1. The cold has finally left us, and we are getting warmer temps! After days of struggling to just walk outside, it’s nice to have temps reaching the 40s (and 50s this weekend!).

2. Benson loves to lay on the water heater when I work out. It’s pretty much because it’s warm up there, but the second I get off a machine, he pounces down on me. He thinks when I’m on the ground (donkey kicks, push ups, mountain climbers, etc.) it is an invitation to come lay on top of me. Many of my workouts lately have included breaks for snuggles because he loves it. I started bringing his bed down and putting it on the washer where he will typically sleep or watch me run. The other day, though, I got off the treadmill and he jumped on the treadmill and laid down as if to tell me I was done and it was time to go upstairs. My workout promptly ended at that second.

On the treadmill and washer

3. Aaron and I are going on a date tonight! I’m not positive where we are off to, but I know it will be fun. I want to try to include more date nights. It’s nice to have a night off from cooking, and it’s nice to get out of the house, dressed up a bit (more than my yoga pant attire…) and spend time with Aaron alone.

4. I think I’m fighting some kind of sickness, but I’m not sure. Past few days I’ve been sick to my stomach during work and yesterday half way through the morning, my throat started hurting when I swallowed. I’m hoping a few relaxing days will do the trick to fight it.

5. Without fail, when I pull out my computer to do any work on it, Benny finds a way on it. Last night, he jumped up, and promptly laid right down on both Aaron and me. He loves making his way onto the computer so I can’t work, and the fact Aaron and I couldn’t get up anymore and had to give him attention. Ha.

benny all over us

Tell me..

What the last restaurant you ate at was…

Something fun happening this weekend…

Comments

1. I am so happy it is warmer. even waiting for the bus yesterday wasn’t that bad at all. thank goodness, I mean it was starting to get real whenI hair froze
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted…So.. You like run?My Profile

Hahah You are totally right! The one night I showered and was going to shovel after, but knew my hair would freeze so I didn’t.

2. Aww so cute! Last restaurant I was at was Panera. nothing too special but I think Panera has some solid things on the menu
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…Feature Friday: Fit Foodie FindsMy Profile

3. Mt cat does the same thing when I work out. They apparently just want to remind us that they should always be our sole focus or something!

I’m finally running my marathon at Disney this weekend! I’m hoping that goes well, and I don’t end up crawling across the finish line!

Have fun on your date night tonight!
    Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie recently posted…Time to Run Around DisneyworldMy Profile

4. I love a good pizza, last place I ate was a wonderful place here in boulder/denver called Pizzeria Locale. This weekend is the cyclocross national championships in boulder so I will be out there working and cheering friends on…. and trying to stay warm
    Hayley@healthyregardshayley recently posted…A swim in the snow and a bike ride in the saunaMy Profile

Pizza is one of my favorites for sure! Enjoy the championship! That is probably so fun to cheer people on for and watch!

5. The last restaurant I went out to eat to was Luna de Noche. It’s a Mexican food place, and my mom and I had lunch there together last Saturday. I love date nights! I hope you and Aaron have a blast tonight! Oh, and I hope you get to feeling better! Rest up this weekend and enjoy the warmer temps!
    Becky recently posted…First Day on the JobMy Profile

6. The cold has finally let up here too and I’m going snowboarding! Woo! Can.not.wait. That -30 we were dealing with was just insane.

And reading about Benson’s antics seriously makes me want a kitten. I was jealous when you got him, and I’m still jealous now :P Dratted allergies — I’ll live vicariously through you.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. banana oat greek yogurt pancakes .My Profile

So happy for you going snowboarding! I would love to go skiing this weekend. It’s so peaceful being out on the slopes.

7. I’m totally loving this warmer weather too; although it’s currently snowing like crazy here at the moment. Crazy to think it’s going to be in the 50s tomorrow. This weather is just all over the place!

So cute that Benson keeps you company when you workout!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…Drool Worthy Pins #5My Profile

I wish the weather would make up its mind! Lol It’s so confusing figuring out what it’s going to be like from one day to the next!

8. Yay, have fun on your date tonight! Benson sounds a lot like my cat. She loves sleeping on the cable box because it’s warm, but she also plays the “mom’s on the floor” game!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Getting cozy at the gymMy Profile

Yes! When our cable box was on the kitchen table, he would always be laying on it because it was warm. Apparently the water heater in our basement has taken over as being warmer, lol

9. My cat is the same way! When I’m doing abs workouts or stretching she thinks it means I’m ready and willing to pet her haha. And this week she took it to a whole other level! I was doing pilates in my living room and she had to be there stretching and trying to get me to pet her some more. She just love attention haha. Yay for date nights!! Those are my favorite. I haven’t had one in a while, but next weekend I will :).
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted…My Cat Does PilatesMy Profile

It’s fun to plan date nights and the anticipation is exciting. Anytime I sit Benny thinks it’s play time. When I’m laying down, he thinks its time to run all over me. So funny! Glad he’s not the only cat with this thinking ;)

10. The last restaurant I ate at was Cracker Barrel. I’m looking forward to Annabelle’s first birthday party tomorrow!

Have a great date night! Make sure to end the night with fro yo or ice cream…topped with cookies. :)

11. I’m glad it’s warming up by you- we just got hit with ANOTHER snowstorm today. Hopefully it reaches the 40s tomorrow. My big weekend plans: RHODE ISLAND!! Enjoy your date night :)
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Pampering and self-careMy Profile

12. Awww Benny is needy! That’s so cute. Date night sounds like fun, especially in the chill of winter weather. I don’t know why but dates seem more appealing to me when it’s cold. The last restaurant I ate at was Local in the South Side. I went there for wine and apps last night. So good! I love Local. If you haven’t tried it before, you should (earlier in the night before it gets to be the late night crowd).
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Friday FavoritesMy Profile

I’ve actually only been there in the late hours, haha. I just read somewhere they have a wine and painting class too? I have heard of wine and apps but just never make it there for them. Won’t lie- the parking situation is enough to drive me crazy going down there lol

13. My husband and I ate at Olive Garden recently. They serve a good salad with the meals. I’m hoping for a warmer and sunnier day on Saturday when I run. That’ll be a nice break if we get it!
    Tina@GottaRunNow recently posted…7 Weekend LinksMy Profile

I hope you had a good run this weekend! Our weather broke yesterday too and I loved it! Today was cold but one day or warmth was nice, lol. It rained for most of it, but then the sun did come out.

14. Aww feel better hun! Fingers crossed a few relaxing days do the trick :) Your date night sounds great! Last restaurant we went to was meat and potatoes, which is one of our favs :) The benson stuff is too cute! I can’t wait till we have a pet to play and cuddle with every day!
    Caitlin recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #5My Profile

They definitely did! I feel much better now :) I need to try this Meat and Potatoes place. You always talk about it and I ‘ve never heard of it! Going on my “need to go to” list now!

15. Benny sounds just like Beans! It’s funny because reading about Benny reminds more of a dog than a cat. But sometimes Beans seems more like a cat than a dog. They would probably be best friends. lol

Beans does the same thing when I work out on the floor. He always lays on my chest when I do crunches and ab work. Awesome… And whenever I do yoga, he goes crazy and jumps on me. Silly!

Have fun on your date tonight :)
    Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted…Random + RunchMy Profile

I swear he is a dog! haha so funny, but he really does act like one. We actually just called his name because he was in the basement and he came running.

16. haha, my dogs have been doing that to me recently when I try to watch revenge on my laptop. They seem to know exactly where the space bar is, step on it to pause the show, and look at me like “mommy, pay attention to us!”. they are sooo funny!
    Lauren @Will Run for Boston recently posted…Choosing HappinessMy Profile

Haha I swear when I’m working on blog posts, he’s all up on the keyboard. I’m surprised none have been published by Benny yet.. lol I love them!

17. I hope you had a fun date night!!
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted…Friday Favorites 1.10.14My Profile

18. Woo Hoo for warmer weathers! Enjoy it & have fun on date night. By the way, it was lovely talking this morning on twitter. xxoo
    Jessie recently posted…Sugar and Oreo CookiesMy Profile