A Calm Weekend: MIMM

Hi everyone! How many of you are off work today? I am, but sadly, Aaron is not. I don’t have many plans, but you know there’s always a to do list to complete! Ha This weekend was pretty calm, but marvelous nonetheless.

MiMM logo

In case you missed it, here’s a review for Easy Canvas Prints and a Promo Code for 50% off any size, and my meal planning and fitness for the week!

Relaxing Weekend

After the beginnings of a cold appeared on Thursday, and lingered all weekend, I took the weekend with hardly any plans, and just laid low. Friday night brought more snow than we were expecting, and fast, so we didn’t do much. Aaron’s siblings came over, but I went to bed shortly after because I felt crummy. Saturday was spent laying on the couch, drinking plenty of fluids, and taking some naps; more for Benny but I did take a few! (PS is there any better feeling than warm towels from the dryer? Clearly Benny knew the best place to nap!) Food has sounded pretty crummy, so I have eaten my fair share of bagels. Hey, when something sounds good, I go with it. My favorite way to eat a bagel is to scrape out all the insides so it gets crunchy, put on some cream cheese, cinnamon, and sugar. Mmm so good!

I headed out to my aunt’s house for Game night, which was really fun! We started with Pictionary, but it was too hard (you had to draw sayings, not words…) so we switched to Cranium. This is always a fun one! I didn’t take pictures, and had lost my voice by the end of the night. Oh well, totally worth it!

Relaxing Weekend 2

The only thing that sounded good on Sunday was laying under the heated blanket, drinking tea, and watching TV. After numerous episodes of Modern Family, we watched 12 Years a Slave. I won’t lie; it was so hard to watch and see how slaves were treated. It was a fantastic movie, though. Celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. today has even more meaning after watching that. I am so glad our country moved past there, even though I cannot believe it even happened.

We managed to get some things down around the house (including food prep for the week!), and finally hung out Gallery wall picture frames! I found this set at Kohls on Black Friday, and after filling the pictures and having my handyman put them up, I love it! Benson slept some more, and played some more, and we stayed in out PJs all day. We ended the night with a homemade cookie cake, some football, and Pizza. Perfect ending to a relaxing weekend! And now.. I’m heading back to bed to kick this cold!

What did you do this weekend?

Last time you were sick?

Comments

1. Sorry to hear that you weren’t feeling well all weekend, love… The last time I was sick was something like 5 or 6 years ago, but with most people I know falling victim to the fly, I’m super paranoid that it’s going to hit me soon. Eep. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t… and I hope that you feel better soon!

This weekend I mostly spent time outside on the ski hill. We’ve been blessed with some killer weather for January, so I’ve been taking full advantage of it.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 1/19 .My Profile

Crossing my fingers you don’t get it! The last time I was sick was our honeymoon, ha. Fantastic timing, right? Is the ski hill close to you that you can just go for the day? Glad the weather is working out for it! Skiing can be so hit or miss with how our winters are down here.

2. Hope you’re feeling better today. Bed rest and orange juice is the cure!
    I’m working through my to-do-list today as well. It literally never ends. 🙁
    Mary recently posted…Wellingborough multi terrain 5kMy Profile

I agree! I feel much better today after laying on the couch all day yesterday. I felt lazy but it was totally what I needed.

3. Hope you feel better today! Being sick over the weekends is always a blessing and a curse?

Is 12 Years a Slave already out on dvd yet? I would love to watch it before the Oscars!
    Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie recently posted…Scenes from My WeekendMy Profile

I definitely was blessed with a relaxing weekend to have it. I know it took away my weekend, but it was nice to just hang out with Aaron and do nothing. We don’t have many of those days, ya know? I managed to work a half day Friday and then it was nice to have the break. I’m not sure if it’s out yet! Aaron found it online somewhere!

4. Awww I love the way you have displayed the pictures! That is so cute! Sorry to hear you didnt feel very well! Hopefully that is all over now! I was sick over the holidays and it wasnt fun! Sounds like you still made the most of it though! Today is a new week, and another marvelous Monday right 🙂

I coached at a track meet for 10 hours on Friday, so I was pretty exhausted Saturday, so mostly rested this weekend as my training is now back up to 70 miles a week! I had a great 16 mile long run with my mens team, and made a delicious cauliflower crust pizza last night!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Mary’s Gone Crackers Gluten Free Products ReviewMy Profile

Wow! That is a long track meet; I remember those. They are so tiring even not participating, haha. 70 miles a week?! What!! I can’t even fathom. haha I haven’t even run 70 since the new year. Good luck with it!

5. Sorry to hear your still not feeling well. You poor thing. Hopefully today’s the day when things take a turn for the better. Joshua and I watched 12 years a Slave on Saturday.It was wonderful, but I caught myself having to turn the other way when Patsey was being beaten. Couldn’t handle it.

Oh my Gosh me too! Even a few minutes in when Platt was getting beaten for saying he wasn’t a slave. Oh my It’s too much. Doesn’t it make you completely rethink your life?

6. I still have a little bit of my cold from right after Christmas. I swear Ben and I can’t kick it all the way to the curb. Big thumbs down!
    Cori @ olivetorun recently posted…All I Want to Do is ZOOMA ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM! [Race Recap]My Profile

That’s the worst! I am hoping Aaron doesn’t get mine just because I know we will play back and forth with it! Ugh colds can go on forever. Hope yours goes away fast! Doesn’t help working with kids, ha

7. I am sorry you were not feeling well this weekend!
    This weekend I worked all weekend :(. We did watch some movies though and eat some good food!
    Elizabeth @ Positive Change recently posted…Eating Our Way Through Our Mini Vacation!My Profile

8. I’ve had a cold for over a month now! I don’t get it! I can’t wait to decorate our house. We haven’t touched anything and we moved in back in August! Time to get some pictures on the walls.
    Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy recently posted…10′s Cardio WorkoutMy Profile

Oh no!! I hope it goes away soon. It’s hard to get motivation to tackle the unpacking when there is so much! haha

9. So sorry you’re sick! I never want to do anything when I’m sick either. I totally agree about the warm towels- definitely the best ever! I spent the weekend getting my life back in order, working out, and seeing a friend.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Weekend pics: girl’s night, pizza, and a parkMy Profile

10. Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. I love your wall of pictures. I’ve been sick this weekend too. Luckily I have today off work so it should be a relaxing day at home and it has been nice to catch up on sleep over the long weekend. Hope you feel better soon.
    alicia k recently posted…Marvelous and Not so Marvelous, MIMM #3My Profile

Hope you feel better! I literally laid on the couch all day and feel much much better today, so I hope you feel better after a relaxing day!

11. I’ve been sick this weekend too. No fun at all! I was supposed to get the day off today but then I got called into work at my second job 🙁 Hope you have a relaxing day off and get better soon.
    Christie @ http://Kissesandkale.blogspot.com recently posted…Weekend Ramblings: Finding BalanceMy Profile

12. Being sick is THE WORST, but living in NYC and working at a big office, I risk getting ill lots. The last time I was sick was the first week of January…no workouts, no energy, no work. I read lots and watched LOTS of Netflix:) Embrace the slow time of the sickness. Feel better!!
    Meg @ The Compost Cook recently posted…Marvelous in my Monday: Spa Nights and Sweaty HangoutsMy Profile

Oh my! Netflix is definitely coming in handy haha I risk getting sick being in so many schools, but usually my immune system is rocking haha

13. Aw I’m sorry you’re not feeling well but it does sound like a relaxing weekend and hopefully today helps you recover so you’re back to normal this week! If nothing else, you can’t go wrong with pizza and bagels 🙂
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Live a LittleMy Profile

14. Aw hun I’m sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well this weekend! I’m glad you were able to rest and take it easy. Bagels, movies, and naps under warm blankets are my favorite way to feel better, so I hope they did the same for you 🙂
    Caitlin recently posted…Coffee DateMy Profile

They sure did! I feel so much better today! Still taking it a bit easy, but feeling much better!

15. Bummer you weren’t feeling well! I had a terrible cold over the Christmas break – so not a fun time to get sick! It took about 2 weeks to go away completely. I’m crossing my fingers that I don’t get sick again this season. Hope you feel better soon!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…Making the BEST of WinterMy Profile

Oh no! That’s the worst time to get sick 🙁 Glad it’s all gone, but I hate how long it takes for them to go away! haha just annoying…

16. Luckily you had some time to rest and recover this weekend. I always feel like sickness comes at inconvenient times for me. Hope you’re feeling 100% soon! The photo wall looks very pretty! I love the way you arranged that. I heard that 12 Years A Slave is very moving. I will have to catch it sometime, esp because it won the Golden Globe for best drama.

This weekend was really relaxing for me too. The most intense thing I did was go to a school hockey game… it was the coldest I’ve been in a while haha
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…A Double StandardMy Profile

Moving.. that is exactly the word for that movie. I am definitely closer to 100% than I was yesterday so I’m pretty happy about that! In college I felt like I was always getting sick at the worst times- when papers were due, when it was freezing and I had to walk places, etc. Glad you enjoyed your weekend but I am not jealous of being cold, lol

17. Oh I’m sorry you were feeling crummy this weekend. I haven’t been really sick in awhile, October was the last time I didn’t feel good other than a little runny nose. Hopefully that relaxing couch time helped and the short week goes by fast for you.
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…MIMM – ugly foodsMy Profile

18. It sounds like you had a fun, low-key weekend! Those are kind of my favorite 🙂 I really like the way you hung up those pictures – they look great!
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted…scenes from the weekend 1.20.14My Profile

19. I hope you feel better soon! I feel like I’ve been sick more than normal the past few months – maybe it has something to do with the weird weather we’ve been having? Besides a 10K race on Sunday morning our weekend was pretty low key, lots of football and Australian Open watching!
    Lauren @Will Run for Boston recently posted…New Year’s Hustle 10K 2014My Profile

I think the weird weather has a huge impact with how we feel. Going from warm to cold to warm to freezing has to play a part!

20. I haven’t been sick since the beginning of October I think! And now I’ll have to go knock on wood.
    Julie recently posted…MIMM: My house, not my house, and pizzaMy Profile

21. I was at work today too but neither was my husband. Not fair!

I love the frame orientation! I’ve never gotten that creative with how I’ve hung stuff, but I’d like to experiment in the new place soon.
    Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted…Energy Bits Review + GiveawayMy Profile

It’s so fun to have something to look at while I’m working, and something that reminds me of summer, haha