Going a bit stir crazy

I’m just going to be honest here; I’m starting to go stir-crazy. This weekend was more brutal weather with both temps and snow. It ended up snowing for 95% of the day Saturday, trapping us in our house. I had plans to head out with friends- of which I was really looking forward to- and they were canceled. The roads were mostly cleared during the day, but after dark, roads are never fully kept up with.

Nevertheless, weekends are always marvelous. Time spent with my little family, and just free time are something I will never complain about!

benny on his toy

Bought Benson a toy for scratching instead of our carpet, but he won’t use that part. Loves to lay on it though.

cookies

Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies (and brownies) for my family who came to dinner on Sunday. My mom brought Buffalo Chicken Pizza for dinner which was amazing and I ate faster than thinking to snap a picture.

Mikes Hard

I tried to pretend it was summer with a Mike’s Hard Lemonade.

niko in bennys bed

This would be Benny’s napping spot, but Niko decided it was comfy and he should try it out. Benson and Niko are actually really get along, too, which makes it nice for us! Benson chases Niko, Niko is scared of him; it works great!

pretzels and garlic hummus

Bought Garlic Hummus and forgot how much I loved it with pretzels. Mmm.

winter storm

Lots of snow fall; both beautiful and evil, ha.

Alright, folks, have a great Monday! If you have warm weather, please send it my way! We need some of that over here, but I think more negatives are in our future.

Best thing that happened this weekend.

What’s your favorite summer drink?

Comments

1. Best weekend thing: weather got a little warmer (North Carolina) and I got to play tennis.

Best summer drink: mojito. Homemade with fresh mint & limes.
    Lexie Wolf recently posted…Living Rural and Being Active: My Surprisingly Rough RoadMy Profile

2. Yes, I felt the same way this weekend! I miss being able to go out and do things, but at the same time it was good to relax, and just slow the weekend down. I am glad the weather has forced me to do this, BUT I am not looking forward to another 5 days of this cold!!! When is i going to be warm again? I see you were trying my tactic of imaging the summer! It will be here extra early as it has been so cold right? I ran my 16 mile long run outside yesterday, and I think that is enough of the cold runs for one year!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Meatless Monday: Cauliflower Crust Veggie PizzaMy Profile

haha I hope it comes early. Since it’s a really cold winter, it means a really warm summer, right?! I can’t imagine 16 miles in the cold. Ow vey!

3. Pretzels and hummus? I’ve never thought to combine the two. I think that may just become my nighttime dessert tonight. Gosh, what would I do w/o you? Ha Ha! So sorry about the cold weather I wish there was a way to send you some of our sunshine! 🙁

Favorite summer drinks: If we’re talking alcoholic, it’d be pineapple juice w/ coconut rum.
    Jessie recently posted…Years Flash By Quickly & a WinnerMy Profile

Mmm it is so good! Try it, I promise it’s worth it 😉

I know you’d send it if that was possible 🙂 Just enjoy it for me, ok?

4. before i was diagnosed with celiacs, I was a pretzel monster. I could house that food like none other. such a great snack. I so miss family dinners like that – especially when the food was brought to you!
    alex @ therunwithin recently posted…Third Wheeler.My Profile

Pretzels are my best friend, ha. Have you tried the gluten free ones? My friend enjoys those. I imagine they cost more money, though 🙁

5. I’m sorry it’s so cold where you are! This weekend our mornings were cold, but the afternoons were beautiful. Unfortunately, it’s supposed to be cold again this week. I am with you, I am so ready for summer! At least you got to have good food and have fun with your family! Like you said, weekends are always marvelous! Have a great week Heather!
    Becky recently posted…80th Birthday Party and Homemade PizzaMy Profile

6. I feel you on the stir crazy thing and I was pretty active this weekend. Maybe it’s because I didn’t have a set routine… Who knows. But those cookies. Man when I saw them on Instagram I was SO jealous. And mikes hard lemonade is the only alcoholic drink I can really tolerate. Probably because there’s almost no alcohol in it haha
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…I had a bad attitude BUT…My Profile

Lol that’s why I like it 😉 Though I am such a light weight (I really don’t drink) that two sips in I was almost drunk, hahah. Totally worth it.

7. Girl, I don’t blame you for feeling cooped up! Our snow is just now melting and I’m so happy to see it go. Favorite summer drink is definitely a cold corona!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…Amazing pizza and the return of hot waterMy Profile

8. Yup, this winter is seriously brutal! I’m SO looking forward to the warm and sunny weather!

We went to my parents’ house for dinner on Saturday and although it snowed, the roads weren’t too horrible, especially the main highways. It was definitely nice to get out of the house and go see them!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…Motivation MondayMy Profile

9. Both beautiful and evil! Haha couldn’t agree more 🙂
    Amy @ The Little Honey Bee recently posted…Happiness, Montreal & Muffin Tin FrittatasMy Profile

10. I’m totally going stir crazy too! Get me out of this weather!!!! Favorite summer drink? Has to be a margarita or white wine 🙂
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Peanut Butter Cup CakeMy Profile

I only drink white wine, is that weird?! Lol Aaron likes red, I only enjoy a cold white wine, ha

11. Ahhhh Mikes Hards. How I miss those. I can’t even count how many I had over the course of the summer. That, and Smirnoff Ice. I have to say a few fun drinks and cookies don’t sound half bad 🙂 Sorry your plans were cancelled! Hopefully you can all get together sometime soon.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Three Pepper ChickenMy Profile

It’s like the only drink I have all summer, lol. I haven’t tried too many of the Smirnoff Ice but I loved their strawberry margarita one!

12. Hahaha it’s like Niko and Benson traded sleeping spots! Yum to hummus! I ate some last weekend, but ended up with a horrible stomachache for some reason. Favorite summer dish, has to be BBQ chicken, and watermelon, those are the only two things in life I need to be happy :). I had my head in my anatomy book all weekend. I probably should have rested a little more haha.
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted…My PassionMy Profile

Oh no! Hope it wasn’t the hummus that gave it to you! Watermelon.. mmm. I bought cantaloupe last week but it’s not as good as I hoped 🙁

13. It got a little better here weather wise but it’s still cold. At least the snow is pretty? :-/ Hopefully Mother Nature will ease up a bit.
    Cori @ olivetorun recently posted…I Have Some #RUNHAPPY News for You!My Profile

Lol I actually like the snow because it is pretty. it’s the cold that comes with it and when it ruins our plans. ugh haha have a great Monday!

14. Margaritas 😉 Which is why I indulged in some on Friday night with pizza in my own hopes of making it feel like summer…which failed miserably when I woke up to Saturday’s lovely weather 🙁 Seriously, this snow and cold needs to get out of here for good till next Christmas! Probably not going to happen, but I can dream 😉 Looks like we both had the baking bug this weekend…always a good thing to do when you’re stuck inside and need a pick me up 🙂
    Caitlin recently posted…Tag ItMy Profile

15. I am jealous of all of your snow (but only because I want to go skiing). We have been unusually warm for January, but are supposed to get snow in the upcoming week! It looks like you are finding things to stay busy inside (cc cookies = YUM). My favorite summer adult beverage would have to be a skinny margarita or tanqueray and diet tonic. Is it summer yet?
    Kristen @ Glitter and Dust recently posted…What I Learned From My First MarathonMy Profile

16. More snow?! Ughhhh I would be going stir crazy too! We had temps in the 70s over the weekend and today it’s in the 30s with a wind chill in the teens. No cool, mother nature.
    Ashlee@HisnHers recently posted…Weekend Recap: Picture Overload.My Profile

Haha No. seriously if you live in Texas, you shouldn’t have to deal with any of this cold weather! lol

17. love love love hummus and trying new flavors! I hear ya girl. this PA weather is getting a bit ridiculous! I want SUNNNNN
    Cait @PieceOfCait recently posted…MIMM: back to back birthdays!My Profile

18. I had the same thought today. This snow and cold are making me super stir crazy!
    I need to get out of the house for more than just work. This weekend was spent at my parents house though which was a lot of fun until the 1 hour drive back home turned into a 3 hour drive due to snow…
    I love unsweet ice tea in the summer!

Oh no! That’s the worst with long drives. Ugh.. I feel for you. I actually started to shovel a path to my newspaper yesterday (not prepared or dressed for the weather) and stayed out to shovel the entire driveway just because I needed fresh air! haha

19. I’m starting to get a little stir crazy, too. I haven’t left my house since Saturday afternoon!! The weather is going to be the death of me.
    That’s a tad dramatic, but it may be the death of my sanity until it significantly warms up.
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted…scenes from the weekend 1.27.13My Profile

Haha totally understand.. I’m hoping our summer is really nice since we’re dealing with all of this!

20. That cat picture is classic!! I can see the slight crazy eyes and its hysterical!

Best thing = Went to a Valor Dinner to honor firefighters who have saved lives.
    Summer Drink = Strawberry Wheat Beer by Lancaster Brewing Company. LOVE!
    Diana @sosmallsostrong recently posted…Easy Banana Pancake RecipeMy Profile

21. haha Niko is too cute. I love garlic hummus too– I just make sure I don’t have to talk or breath next to anyone when I am eating it 🙂 Im going stir crazy too…it feels like January has lasted forever!
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Puppies=HappinessMy Profile

Yeahhh that’s the problem with that kind 😉 I haven’t been taking it to work, just enjoying it at home haha Lucky Aaron 😉

22. I’ve been hearing about the cold weather from friends! Your pets are cute, and in matching orange!
    Mary @ Fit and Fed recently posted…A New Program for SectionalsMy Profile

23. I’m going stir crazy in NYC too! These crazy cold temps are for the birds! I’m having an “I miss Florida” kind of week.
    Ashley@cupcakesncrunches recently posted…Make Good ChoicesMy Profile