Accomplishing a To Do List: MIMM

Happy Monday, everyone! How are we? Did everyone have a marvelous weekend?

MiMM logo

Friday:

Aaron had plans for the night, heading down to the convention center to try a bunch of different beer. He was really excited about it and I thought I might go out or head to my parents. Instead, I gave myself the best treat. I gave myself the entire night to just spend on me! It really meant tackling my to do list, but it was a huge treat. Dinner was in the crock pot, and things were going great! I crossed a lot off my list, which saved me from having to do a lot over the weekend. It’s the little things in life..

piles of to do lists

Saturday:

Needless to say one way I treated myself was going to bed at an early bedtime! I loved that. I woke up when Aaron came home but those late night talks are some of my favorites. I woke up on Saturday ready for the day, and got in a treadmill run to start it off. After completing that, I worked on my to-dos even more. I swear as I finished one thing, another thing popped up. Does that happen to you? I did find some time to bake these delicious treats!

photo 1

My brother-in-law was being honored for becoming president of an honor society as a freshman in college, so we went to it to support him. It was later in the afternoon by the time that happened, and it lasted longer than we thought it would. We then went to visit my sister-in-law who was in the hospital, unexpectedly. She’s alright, but was in immense pain and they discovered it was a kidney stone that isn’t passing through.

photo 2

Sometimes things happen that we aren’t sure what to do. Yes, my SIL was in the hospital and obviously we wanted to make sure she was okay! But, I was also supposed to go down to the Hofbrahaus to celebrate one of my college roommate’s birthdays. I had been looking forward to this as I haven’t seen my old roommates for a while, but life throws curveballs sometimes and we just have to deal with them. We didn’t get home until after 9, and knew by the time I was ready and drove down, people would be leaving. I’m looking forward to scheduling a day to get together with all of them, though!

Sunday:

Sunday was relaxing. I haven’t had many relaxing Sundays as they seem to always be go go go,  but this was needed. First of all, on Friday we were told we would be getting 8-12 inches of snow today. That changed and we woke up to snow covering the roads Sunday morning. We chose not to go to church as the last thing we wanted was to be stuck in the snow somewhere. It’s always played online at 10:45 so we watched it then instead. The rest of the day included food prep, finishing up some posts, making a workout schedule, painting my nails, and just relaxing! Glorious!

photo 3

Oh, did I mention I stayed in these pajamas until 4 when I showered? And then I put on new ones? Ha, lazy Sunday, indeed!

The Oscars were on last night, and I am a huge fan of Ellen. I thought she did a great job hosting! For the first year, ever, I actually saw a lot of the films up for best picture! I usually have never seen any, so this was a plus.

And now it’s back to a work week! Hope you make the most of it, friends! If you’re getting hit with snow today, I hope you at least got the day off or are able to not head out in it! Winking smile

Favorite thing about snow?

Did you watch the Oscars?

Comments

1. Nothing beats knocking items off your “to-do list”. If you ask me, it’s probably one of the best feelings EVER! So sorry to hear about your SIL, but glad to hear she’s doing well & it was nothing major. Sending get well wishes to you, your SIL & everyone else in your family <3
    Jessie recently posted…Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussels SproutsMy Profile

2. Sorry to hear about your SIL. Painful! Glad you had such a great weekend!
    emma @ be mom strong recently posted…FitFluential, Mom Help and MomStrong VideoMy Profile

3. My favorite thing about the snow is when it melts, haha. Actually, I’m home from work today because of snow coming in so it’s not too bad.
    I love those weekends when you get a lot done! I feel so boring telling people about it, but it’s such a great feeling of accomplishment to get your life back in order.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Yearning for SpringMy Profile

I agree.. so boring to tell people but it’s so worth it to me! Lol My sanity the rest of the week is much better!

4. I love days when I tackle a huge to do list! I always feel so accomplished! Plus, the week seems to go by so smoothly whenever you have a productive weekend. Our weather was crazy here this weekend! Saturday was absolutely beautiful! 80 degrees and sunny! Ryan and I enjoyed some time outside, and I wore shorts and a tank top. Then yesterday it snowed and hailed! So much that my school is actually cancelled today! So I am looking forward to knocking some things off of my to-do list today and relaxing! Ryan is off today too, so it’s nice I will have some company too. :)
    Becky recently posted…Week of Fitness 2.17-2.23.2014My Profile

Wow! So jealous of that weather! My cousin lives in Houston and texted me today saying it was 88 yesterday and 20 today, lol. Have a great day being off today! Enjoy the time with Ryan!

5. You had rocking weekend. I was only enjoyed Oscar this weekend.
    LeanonLife recently posted…Food Trend Alert: 5 Healthy Recipes For Brussels Sprouts And CabbageMy Profile

6. favorite thing about snow is definitely SNOW DAYS! even better because we don’t have to make this one up since we’ve had so many!!
    Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted…Like Mother Like Daughter | Pregnancy PhotosMy Profile

7. It is hard for me to say anything I enjoy about the snow right now as I am SO sick of it, but I guess I love it when there is a beautiful sunset. The contrast to the white is beautiful! Glad you had a lazy weekend, that sounds great! Those cupcakes look beautiful! I would like one of those waiting for me when i get back from my 19 mile run today :)
    Tina Muir recently posted…Easy CanvasMy Profile

8. With how this winter is going, I am not finding anything I like about the snow! ha!
    My Sunday was very similar to yours, love lazy Sundays! I loved the Oscars as well!
    Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} recently posted…Weekend Recap {Work, Work, Work, Oscars!}My Profile

I know it’s hard to come up with something positive about it! Haha I love the look of freshly fallen snow!

9. At least you were able to finally get in a rest day! I swear, when rest days are needed and you finally get them, they feel like a million bucks! I didn’t watch the Oscars, I was studying (again) hahaha, I did get on online every half hour and look at the dresses people were posting though!
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted…No Nut Butter Granola BarsMy Profile

10. I bet sunday felt awesome. we all need relaxing days every once and a while
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted…Why thank you.My Profile

11. sounds like a really productive weekend but also super relaxing- those are the best kind :) I had a pretty lazy sunday as well. Going to the library was like my big event of the day haha
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…MIMM Time FliesMy Profile

12. Knocking things off my to-do list is seriously one of my favourite things ever. Sometimes I’ll even write random goofy things on my list just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing them off ;)

Favourite thing about snow? Ugh. Don’t talk to me about snow right now. So over it.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. currently – march 2014 .My Profile

13. We did watch the Oscars with friends & I was so out of the loop – I didn’t see 1 film that was nominated. I’ve got some serious movie watching to do!
    Ashley@cupcakesncrunches recently posted…5 Word Weekend RecapMy Profile

14. Running in it when it isn’t ice :) yesterday’s was perfect! We watched the oscars last night, too (much to the chagrin of joe and stephen). We hadn’t seen any of the movies haha, but we still enjoyed the fashion and ellen’s antics. Pizza and glinda?? Couldn’t stop laughing :)
    Caitlin recently posted…Ordinary And Then SomeMy Profile

15. Kidney stones.. are no fun. A lot of people in my fam have those. I’m sorry to hear that she’s had to go to the hospital for that. I hope she is okay. I’m going to Hofbra on Saturday night which I’m pretty excited about. I hope you get to meet up with your friends soon!
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…On Finding My Fitness GooveMy Profile

16. My favorite thing about snow right now is when it melts, haha. My car is a disaster and so is the breezeway from salt and melting snow. I’m not usually a winter-blahs girl, but this one has been tough.
    Rhiannon recently posted…Birthday GetawayMy Profile

I have to agree. I typically don’t let it bother me but i feel like I’ve been a hermit this year from not wanting to go out in it!

17. It sounds like you had a good weekend! I love getting stuff done early in the weekend and then having time to relax. I’m so looking forward to May when the snow will be gone and weekends will no longer be consumed with homework.
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…Granny’s Jello – a holiday traditionMy Profile

Isn’t that the worst?! At least it’s miserable outside and you’re not missing anything going to class and studying! haha

18. I definitely consider going to bed at an early bedtime a treat as well as lazy Sundays! I watched a bit of the Oscars, but headed to bed early. Ellen rocks!
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Hope Lives Foundation EventMy Profile

19. Checking off things on the “to-do” list is always a good feeling and one of the reasons I make lists (to see the progress). My husband and I watched the Oscars and really enjoyed Ellen and a couple of the speeches. I teared up listening to Matthew Mcconaughey!
    Kristen @ Glitter and Dust recently posted…IM 70.3 Training, Wine Tasting, and Pre-Birthday CelebrationsMy Profile

There were definitely some great speeches! I loved the pizza part that Ellen did :) She livened up the awards for sure!

20. Kidney stones are the worst. I’ve had them removed surgically three times! I hope she is able to pass it on her own because that was no fun! It sounds like you were able to enjoy most of your weekend, catching up on sleep!
    Heather Murphy recently posted…I love boobies, and a few challenges for March.My Profile

I didn’t even know they woul get to the surgical part! Ahh hopefully hers passes, and I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with that!

21. Seriously, I love the snow. I have always loved it. It’s just so pretty! It’s when It’s in my way on the sidewalk when I’m trying to run when it bugs me. :\ I am ready to see some green, and I feel the change in the weather coming! …I really do! … :\

Checking off the ‘to-do’ list (or as Harry calls it, the “Honey-Do” list) allllllllllllllllways makes me feel accomplished! In fact, I get extra excited and pumped about writing the actual *CHECK* next to the written items. <3
    Tiffany @ The Chi-Athlete recently posted…Marvelous March Monday [Challenges and NEWS!]My Profile

Hahah I agree! Right there with ya. I think the snow is beautiful but like you, I’m ready for it to be gone so I can run!

Trackbacks

1. […] all those winter weekends where I “relaxed” “was going stir crazy” “spent time on the couch?” Yeah, that was such […]