What I’ve Been Eating Lately

It’s been a little bit of time since I’ve last linked up with Jenn for some food lately, but today is the day. I have been enjoying some different meals lately, and want to share!

Birthday dinnerbread for birthday dinnercaeser salad for birthday dinnerveggies for birthday dinnerHeather's plate for her birthday dinner

Birthday dinner at my parents on Saturday. It was unbelievably delicious. Steak cooked medium for me, sweet potato, grilled veggies, and fresh Italian bread. Mmm, so good!

Dinner on the grill

Food on our new grill!  These grilled veggies are my favorite things. I love mixing all the veggies up and getting the different tastes all together.

asparagus, chicken with rotel and cous cous

Chicken topped with some Rotel, Cous Cous, and asparagus

Food prep

This week started off with some much needed food prep.

goldfish

…including these bad boys, ha. I love goldfish #noshame

Mad Mex nachos

Nachos from Mad Mex. I wasn’t impressed, and wish I would have gotten something else. Mother's Day brunch

Mother’s Day brunch, mmm.

muffin, oatmeal, tea

Tyical breakfast of oatmeal and cookie butter, with a cinnamon applesauce muffin.

veggie kabobs

Veggie kabobs on the grill! Mmm, our dinners have had lots of veggies since we got our grillrigatoni school lunch

School lunch for Teacher Appreciation week

ritas cookie dough cream ice

Dessert in the form of Rita’s Italian Ice

Oh, and this has been eaten, mostly by me. #noshame #ever #cookiecakemmm

Cookie-Cake.jpg

What have your meals  been lately?

Tell me your favorite snack you could eat over and over again and never get sick of.

Mine’s pretzels.

Comments

1. Yum! Lots of good ones there! I love grilling veggies in the summer too :)

Right now my snack is “a handful of everything” from target, which has dried fruit, nuts and choc chips! Although if I had to pick forever it would probably be peanut butter and apple!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Secrets to Success as a Runner; StridesMy Profile

2. Grilled veggies are the best! Love your kebobs. A snack I could never get sick of is BBQ potato chips straight out of the bag. I try not to keep them in the house for that reason.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…What I ate in MexicoMy Profile

That used to be me with Doritos :) For whatever reason, though, they make me sick. I like the Lays BBQ chips. My brother likes the Snyder’s, but Lays are better in my opinion :)

3. I can see why you decided to link up to WIAW today. Lots of good meals – especially ones from the grill. Already putting that bad boy to good use :] If I could eat one snack over & over again it’d either be apple w/ nut butter or a quest bar (as long as I can change the flavor lol)
    Jessie recently posted…WIAW: Meals from May 13th 2014My Profile

Haha oh yes, grilling every night for dinner! I’ll allow you to change the flavor of Quest Bars ;) They are so good!

4. Goldfish is definitely something that I come back to, year after year. Carrots and popcorn and Special K Red Berries are also on that list!
    Susie @ Suzlyfe recently posted…Virginia Tea Party #WIAWMy Profile

5. Cookie cake, goldfish, cookie butter, steak all so good. I’ve still never had Rita’s. I need to do that before i leave since we don’t have them at home. So many good foods! I’m glad we have the same taste because you know how I feel about most WIAW posts… 99% of the time I’m like who eats that? But when I read yours, I’m like, “oh wait, I do.” ;)
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…DistanceMy Profile

GET TO RITA’S TODAY!! And yes, I agree about WIAW posts. I like to pop in every now and then and just show the normal foods I’ve been eating ;)

6. You have been eating some good food! I’m so glad y’all are enjoying your grill. I have actually never grilled vegetables on our grill; I don’t know why! I definitely plan on doing that this summer though because I love grilled veggies! And wow, you did some serious food prep!
    Becky@TheSavedRunner recently posted…I’m Still Alive! Busy, But Alive!My Profile

They are so good, I promise! Yes, I had to make up for the lack of food prep last week! haha

7. I can eat PB & banana any time of day, probably multiple times a day, and never get sick of it. That’s a staple snack, but lately I’ve also been really enjoying sauteed veggies + eggs with avocado and salsa for breakfast.
    Jaclyn @ BumpSweat recently posted…Expert Q&A: CrossFitting While PregnantMy Profile

8. All this food likes fantastic, but I especially love that cookie cake! Yum!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…WIAW #40 – Getting My Appetite BackMy Profile

9. I can totally eat banana and peanut butter every day for a snack! I have been eating a bunch of fresh produce!
    Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} recently posted…I Lost My Words!My Profile

Fresh produce is so much easier for me to eat when it’s nice out! haha I don’t know why!

10. They have Rita’s by you!? We used to go EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. during our track spring break trips to Florida. I love their chocolate custard!
    Lauren @ Will Run for Boston recently posted…Sissy’s Last Home Meet & Since Boston…My Profile

Oh I love Rita’s! I didn’t realize they aren’t everywhere but I visit them frequently with nice weather!

11. Drooling over here, those meals look fantastic. Birthday dinner and Mother’s Day brunch just sound so good! I used to be obsessed with goldfish. I actually don’t buy them anymore because I have absolutely no control around them. An entire bag in one sitting was a regular thing.
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…WIAW – antioxidantsMy Profile

Goldfish are hard to have control over! I bought a big box but divided them into little baggies (easy to throw in lunches, too) just so I don’t eat them all!

12. Fabulous looking eats!! I also enjoyed many teacher appreciation sweets, courtesy of my mom :) I still haven’t tried cookie butter. How is it?

13. Happy Belated Birthday , love! Cookie cake , FOR THE WIN! Those cakes are the best!

I love Mad Mex, Mike and I need to get there again soon! I never had the nachos there, but have loved everything I have ordered there!

Happy Wednesday !
    Katie recently posted…What I Love { Wednesday }My Profile

14. I was amazed when I saw that food prep pic on Instagram that other day. That is nuts/awesome! Also, your veggie kabobs sounds amazing :)
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted…WIAW: May 14, 2014My Profile

Haha so much of it was just cutting veggies and stuff so I didn’t have to do it every night to grill!

15. My mom sent me some goldfish in my Easter basket. Oh my word! I forgot how addicting those things are!
    Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted…Workout Wednesday: The Workouts That Weren’tMy Profile

16. We’ve been grilling a lot too! We LOOOVE grilled veggies. Before we got the grill, I would bake chicken or make it on the stove with a grill pan using just a little seasoning. I put the same seasoning on it when we use our gas grill and it tastes 100 times better!
    Ashley Rick recently posted…what I ate on Mother’s DayMy Profile