Top 5 exercises I do not like + Summer Superset Workout

As someone who loves to workout, loves to push herself, and loves to teach others to love it, most think I love all the exercises,e especially the ones I do in my classes.  I put on a face that makes it look like I love the exercises we are doing, but it’s far from the truth. I guarantee there is at least one exercise everyone hates. Go ahead, ask someone. I bet many will say it’s Burpees that they hate. I thought it would be fun for you to see the exercises I just don’t like to do, yet I incorporate them in almost every class and every workout.

My least favorite exercises

1. Mountain Climbers- oh man, this is a huge one. I hate everything about them, and I’m really not sure why. I will do whatever I can to avoid them, even though I know they are great to throw into the mix.

2. Plank- You guys, this one is so awful to admit. I do planks in my workouts, but I don’t love to plank. I get bored, I don’t want to stay there, and I usually quit. I make it a minute, and am done. I have no idea how long my core would actually last, but after a minute, my brain says nope!

3. Push Ups- I can do push ups on my toes. I don’t like to do push ups on my toes. My shoulders make noise during push ups, and my body slides back and I’m always trying to get my hands under my shoulders. I am just not a fan of doing these, even though again, you see these in my workouts.

4. 180 degree Jump Squats – These are just hard and I don’t like them, haha. Again, they get my heart rate up, but doesn’t mean I like to do them!

5. Tuck Jumps- So. Hard. I am terrible at these, but I have gotten better at them. I like to see the improvements, but I would rather not include them in any workout Winking smile I did these a lot for Insanity, but could never do them the way they did on TV.

An exercise you probably thought I would say, but I didn’t… burpees! Surprise! I actually love burpees. Just about everyone hates them, but I love them. I love seeing the improvements in them, and how much faster I can do them now than before. They get my heart rate up, and I know they are so beneficial!

Tuesday-trainer_thumb4

One of my favorite days of the week is, without a doubt, Tuesday when I share a new workout with you. I love seeing you do the workouts, and hear how much you like them. Make sure you tag me on Instagram (Fitncookies) or Twitter (@fitncookies) if you complete a workout!

This week I focused on supersets in my Monday night class. We did not take any rests until after completing each superset 3 times. After the three times, you will do the cardio section once and then take a break.

Your arms will be fatigued, and you will want a break, but keep working them. Make sure you keep good form, or else you aren’t going to be benefiting the muscles at all! It’s better to take a rest or stop sooner than to continue with bad form. In class, we began with doing a squat section, and followed up with lunges and core after completing this. Just a heads up!

Summer supersets

**Just a note that I am working on taking videos of each exercise I have put up on my blog. I have gone through to write them down, and as soon as the deck is done and I can use the space outside, I plan to start video taping them. I know this will be much more beneficial to actually see the exercises that I write about instead of ones that are similar! Thanks for being patient**

What are your least favorite exercises?

What did you have for dinner last night?

What’s something fun you are doing today?

Comments

1. Fun workout! I kind of love planks but somedays I definitely lose interest a lot faster. Scrolling Instagram helps me keep the pose for longer!
    Runner Girl Eats recently posted…Summer PlaylistMy Profile

2. Ugh I do not like mountain climbers either, and for reasons I also cannot articulate. I think it is because for so long I didn’t have my hips down low enough, so they never felt as effective as they should have, so I never saw the point, haha. I have no vertical leap, so anything involving jumping is not my friend. I don’t do box jumps, double unders… in short, I will never be successful at crossfit. I’m ok with that!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Take a Self Love Selfie. Treat Yourself TuesdayMy Profile

I think that’s my problem, too. I remember doing them and not feeling anything, and now I’m not digging it, lol. I don’t think I can do a double under, but I don’t even care to, haha

3. I am right there with you on push-ups. I probably just don’t like them because I can’t do that many of them though. My least favorite exercise is burpies. Those are killer!
    Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted…Chicago in 3 HoursMy Profile

4. My least favorite is probably pushups too. Or anything that uses my arm muscles (or lack thereof?) I love love love anything with planks/abs though. I don’t know why! I need to start doing them regularly again. My muscles are nonexistent right now haha
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…A Letter to GOMIMy Profile

I’m so lucky that teaching my class has forced me to do abs, ha. I never did them on my own. I do like to do those exercises, though, minus push ups

5. Yes, I’m a burpee hater. I really don’t like anything that requires jumping haha. But as for push-ups and planks, they are actually my favorites!
    Emily @MyHealthyishlife recently posted…Back to (Yoga) BasicsMy Profile

Isn’t that funny how we all love different exercises! I love exercises that work the upper body :)

6. I love when you post workouts! I also hate tuck jumps…seriously so hard. I don’t mind planks or mt. climbers too much unless I do a million of them!
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…We Did It!My Profile

7. Nice workout! I admit, I’m not a burpee lover. I’m also pretty bad at pushups, but I like doing them anyway. I’m also really bad at lateral raises. I literally have to drop down to like 5 lb weights to do them haha.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…Fighting sicknessMy Profile

I do, too, but shoulder muscles are very delicate, so you shouldn’t do able to do them, or force yourself, to do them with a heavier weight. 5 lb is good for me, and sometimes I move up to 8 lb.

8. I love the workout! I’m like you with planks, I like them but I get bored with them. I also hate jumping lunges! I do them, but I never like them!
    Becky recently posted…Week of Fitness 2/24-3/2/2014My Profile

Yep, I totally understand the jumping lunges. They are just all over body movements, making them harder and making us work!

9. Ha this made me chuckle! I do not like anything abs – I wonder sometimes if I have any abs in there haha.
    I also am not a fan of burpees!
    These super sets look great – I am enjoying all things arms at the moment as I am trying to get stronger for yoga!
    Lauren recently posted…Vegetarian Buckwheat PizzaMy Profile

10. Oh gosh, I hate mountain climbers and push ups too! I also hate burpees – they’re SO hard!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…20 Weeks – HalfwayMy Profile

I love that everyone has these same exercises to hate! I won’t lie- knowing what people hate makes me want to include them more ;)

11. Ohh push-ups for sure! Joe still teases me about how I do them haha. I hate burpees, though. And leg lifts. And anything that works my arms. Yep, I’m an upper body pansy haha. Lower body, though? Bring it ;)
    Caitlin recently posted…Whole Lotta…My Profile

12. I have a love/hate relationship with Pull-ups! I love them because I know how good they are for me, but I hate them because they are soo hard :)

great post!
    Kelly @ The Fit Skool recently posted…Exercising around an injuryMy Profile

I don’t have access to pull up bars now, but I remember feeling so accomplished with them when I would be able to do one! hah

13. Another good workout! I always love the workouts you put together..just the right amount of challenging myself, but still something I can finish. I’m with you on tuck jumps 110%!!! I don’t mind mountain climbers if they’re at the beginning of my workout, but if they’re toward the end, chances are my shoulders will give out much easier.
    Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted…Sibling LoveMy Profile

I do find that it’s my shoulders a lot of the time giving out, and you are right, it’s more towards the end of the workout!

14. See I don’t mind mountain climbers, but I -hate- burpees. They make me curse like a sailor. On and those explosive starfish moves. Or jump lunges… but that’s because those make me feel like my kneecaps are going to pop right off… which makes for an unpleasant mental image :shock:
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. banana oat greek yogurt muffins .My Profile