Yesterday began in a fantastic way. I woke up in a great mood, and after a delicious breakfast consisting of an bacon, egg, and cheese bagel, I was off. My cousin, Bridget, has been wanting to take one of my fitness classes, but unfortunately never made it. She leaves for college tomorrow so I brought the class to her! We had a lot of fun doing the Insane Cardio workout I teach! After finishing that, I hopped on the treadmill to run 5 miles. Honestly, what could be better?! Teaching people fitness and getting them moving, and running?
Now for some…
1. I’m addicted to this song. Let me be clear and state I’m not a huge Taylor Swift fan. In fact, Aaron is more of a fan than I am (yes, I realize how silly that sounds! ha). But this song is so darn catchy and I’m loving it!
2. I’ve spent years trying to get my brother, Matt, to run. He has told me I’m crazy and has never in the slightest wanted to run. Yesterday, I was over there and he told me he started the Couch to 5K program. WHAT! Obviously I was super pumped and knew he needed to find a 5K to run that would be fun so he sees how fun it is to run with others. What’s better than The Color Run! The race is coming here in November and I can hardly wait to run it again. I ran it last year, but this year is the 2014 Kaleidoscope Tour, where they added EVEN MORE! Check out all you get this year.
I mean, how fun is that! You can check to see if a city near you will be hosting here. A little more background
The Color Run, also known as the Happiest 5k on the Planet, is a unique paint race that celebrates healthiness, happiness and individuality.Now the single largest event series in the United States, The Color Run has exploded since our debut event. We have more than tripled our growth, hosting more than 170 events in 30+ countries in 2013.
Lucky for you, here’s your chance to get $5 off your registration (—affiliate link! Thank you!) !
Make sure you enter it at the time of registration. I would greatly appreciate you signing up through here! Thanks in advance! I hope to see some of you in Pittsburgh! Let me know if you are going to be here November 15 and you can run it with me!
3. I was on a roll the other day and made both banana bread and Applesauce Cinnamon muffins. My banana bread recipe is delicious but it’s also definitely not the healthiest I try to balance out the vast amount of pieces I’m eating, but it’s hard when this stares you in the face!
4. Yesterday became my “get everything done” productive day, pretty much, and I’m not complaining. I should mention Wednesday was the total opposite and I wasn’t in a great mood (just to remember I don’t share everything all the time!). I went crazy doing 5 loads of laundry, one of those being sheets. Sheets are my least favorite laundry to do, for the sole reason being I can never get them on my bed without a problem. The problem is…
No matter where he is, he will find me as I put the sheets on and lay down, and apparently not get up. I tried making the bed with him on it, and then flipped the sheet to see his head, but he just stayed there and slept for hours.
5. Massages. I need them every day. Aaron gave me a back massage last night, and it was amazing just how much I needed it and how much better I felt. Now if I could get that to happen every day…
Have you ever gotten a massage?
Will you be participating in The Color Run?
**I did receive two tickets for The Color Run in exchange for a post. However, no other compensation was given.**