Ice Skating at PPG Place

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend.

This weekend started our busy Christmas weekends. From now until New Years, we are packed pretty solid. While it’s definitely fun to be in the holiday spirit and to be around all those you love and care about, it can be a bit exhausting! I feel like I definitely need a recovery weekend for my weekends now. Who’s with me Winking smile

Our weekend was so fun, though, and I enjoyed every minute!

Friday night I was able to spend some time with this cutie pie. My cousin and her husband had a work Christmas party, which meant I got to spend uninterrupted time with Madison. We read books, played with toys, smiled away, and then passed out. The feeling of a sleeping baby snuggling up to you is the best, let me just say!

IMG_0450

Saturday morning was kind of laid back. I got some things done around the house, but I just can’t shake the cold and sore throat I’ve been dealing with! It’s been very annoying, and hit me hard in the morning. I finally got my mojo back a little and made some delicious cookies! I spent too many hours in the kitchen, but I just love to bake the cookies! I made Snickerdoodle, Cake Balls, Oreo Truffles, Oreo Crumble Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, shortbread, and Peppermint & Oreo Brownies. Whew, exhausting, that’s for sure!

chocolate crinkle up close

Oreo truffle up close

Snickerdoodle cookies

I hurried and got ready because we had some big plans for that night! We were meeting up with our friends from church (aka life group who have become more like family) for a night out! Our first stop was Buca di Beppo, which was fantastic! I didn’t take any pictures, but we had Lasagna for all, and the girls shared Fettuccine Alfredo and the boys shared Stuffed Chicken Prosciutto. We also had bread and some salad on the side. Everything was delicious! I loved the family style serving, and we all left feeling full,  but satisfied.

Ice Skating at PPG Place

ice skating at PPG Place

Our next stop was to ice skate at PPG place! It has been a few years since I’ve gone, and it was so fun. After two days of nonstop raining, I was nervous the ice would be bad, but it was perfect, and not too crowded! We skated for about an hour and then walked around downtown before heading out.

ice skating at PPG Placeice skating at PPG Place

We made our way to King’s restaurant for some dessert. We ate dinner at 5, and it was going on 10 so we all had one thing on our mind: dessert. I enjoyed a Cookies n Cream milkshake, made with frozen yogurt! I didn’t even know that was a thing in restaurants, but it was delicious. I wanted a cookie dough one, but they ran out Sad smile Next time!

ice skating at PPG Place

We arrived home feeling very exhausted, but it was a wonderful night out!

I was up Sunday for a 5 mile run followed by grocery shopping and some Christmas shopping. Breakfast was waiting for me when I returned, and we watched the Church service online. Definitely not as great as being there, but with weekends packed, it’s better than nothing!

The rest of the day included meal prep, and having my dad and brother over for dinner! (My mom is away with her sisters). I made Salsa Chicken and they enjoyed it!

*****

Switching gears a bit… With work never slowing down, something has to give. I have found that I have absolutely no time on Saturdays to sit at my computer (or want to!) to get my meal plan and workouts up weekly. I do love the accountability it gives me, though, so I’m just going to tack the meal plan to Monday’s posts and workouts probably tomorrow. So this week…

Fit N Cookies Meal Plan Dec 7-13

I need to get up a salsa chicken recipe, but here are the others!

Now it’s your turn! Tell me what you did this weekend. Did you have any parties? Did you get shopping done?

Comments

1. Ahhhh mannnnn! Now you made me wanna ice skate even more! We discovered one this weekend, but steve said he wasnt going to right there and then as it was too cold, but I am gonna make him go back! Love your headband by the way 🙂
    Tina muir recently posted…Meatless Monday- White Chocolate Peppermint CheesecakeMy Profile

Thanks! My mom made my headband actually 🙂 I was nervous about skating but it all came back!

2. Tis’ the time of year for crazy schedules! My Christmas parties/get-togethers start up this week. As fun as they are, it’s also a bit stressful trying to fit everyone in.

You are the third person I know who went ice skating this weekend. Now, I’m wanting to go even though I’m a hazard to all who skate near me.
    Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted…Crockpot Potato and Broccoli SoupMy Profile

We actually had 4 parties this coming Saturday and said no to one, but we still have 3. Crazy schedules for sure! You better find an ice skating place! It’s awesome and not as bad as I thought since I haven’t skated in a few years. It’s like riding a bike!

3. I want to live in your kitchen. Seriously.
    I am comically bad at ice skating. I have absolutely no natural balance and am terrified of falling, thus bad news. But growing up, I wanted so badly to be an ice skater. Hmmmm….
    Susie @ Suzlyfe recently posted…Oyster, Otter, Phoenix (Books, Videos, Marathons) #MIMMMy Profile

There were actually 2 professional figure skaters on the ice Saturday. let’s just say I was no where near that level 😉 I can stand up and glide ha

4. I want to go ice skating this year! Looks like a great weekend. Mine was pretty packed too, but in the best kind of way. I didn’t get any shopping done, though, so this weekend I’ve gotta get on it!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Grand Illuminations Weekend in WilliamsburgMy Profile

I have to get on the shopping deal too! I think I just have one person and some stocking stuffers to get. I hope that’s all! ha

5. How long did it take for your to clean up all that?! I love cooking but I really hate washing the dishes.
    Linda @ The Fitty recently posted…Why You Should Eat Pork Skin {#LIPlinkup #12}My Profile

Ha, well there were many breaks for dishes throughout the day. My husband wanted me to be done because he was sick of all the dishes,lol. They are my least favorite part, too.

6. Aw, the ice skating sounds like so much fun!!! Our small group from church is planning a “tacky Christmas light tour” since a lot of the houses in our neighborhoods go all out! 🙂

7. I’m 27 years old and I’ve actually never been ice skating before. Yup. Not once in my entire life! Can you believe it? I’ve roller bladed though, and I’ve heard that’s pretty close 🙂

This weekend was good for me, I volunteered at Habitat for Humanity on Saturday and then we had homemade pizza and wine night at our good friends’ house. Sunday I went for a 12 mile long run, and it wiped me out so besides 4 loads of laundry, all the stuff I wanted to get done that afternoon didn’t really get done 🙂
    Hanna @ TheMillennialNextDoor recently posted…Hitting the Running Reset ButtonMy Profile

Roller blading is similar, but you should try ice skating! It’s so fun. What a nice weekend volunteering! I understand how a 12 miler wipes you out! I couldn’t do that if I tried 😉

8. What a perfect holiday weekend. If I pay for your ticket, will you come over & bake me all those cookies?

We actually did have a party to attend. It was Joshua’s holiday work party. We had a lot of fun. It’s nice to mingle with his coworkers from time to time.
    Jessie recently posted…Babies Update: 32 Weeks & 2 DaysMy Profile

It was so nice for me to meet some of Aaron’s too. I love getting to know them. Uhm, yes, I’ll be right there! Maybe after the babies are born so i can snuggle with them, too 😉

9. In theory I want to love ice skating, but I’m just SO bad at it! It’s kind of funny. I did some Christmas shopping but that was the extent of my holiday festivities.
    Emily @MyHealthyishlife recently posted…Marvelous Is…My Profile

Haha! Aww I’m sure you’re not that bad at it! I need to up my game Christmas shopping! I’m feeling nervous it’s so close.

10. That sounds like such an amazing night out! I’m such a sucker for Italian food..I’m drooling at 8am! Ha!
    Jen @ Bagels to Broccoli recently posted…A Weekend in StoweMy Profile

11. We watched a bunch of Christmas movies and went out to dinner.
    Your white winter hat is so cute and I totally want to go ice skating!!
    Julie @ Running in a Skirt recently posted…Holiday TraditionsMy Profile

I think I might watch another Christmas movie tonight. There are just too many in a short amount of time!

12. I might make some buffalo chicken wraps this week, that is great weeknight dinner!

We had Ava’s 1st birthday party this weekend, it was a blast 🙂
    Kelly @ The Fit Skool recently posted…A Celebratory WeekendMy Profile

They are so good! Throwing them on the George Foreman grill (or skillet) at the end takes them up a notch 😉 So fun for a birthday party!

13. Yay for ice skating! I’ve been trying to get my boyfriend to ice skate for 5 years now, but he doesn’t know how and is a bit afraid of doing it. Maybe one day he’ll let me teach him 🙂 I had work this weekend, then got in my workouts, did a huge grocery haul for the month, and I’m stuck watching Gossip Girl lately haha. Although I did watch Eaten Alive last night, and that was interesting!
    Chelsea @ Raw N’ Toned recently posted…Total Body ToningMy Profile

I can’t even remember being taught to ice skate. I wouldn’t imagine it’d be too hard, but I have no idea lol Wow what a productive weekend! I wish I could grocery shop for one month and be good to go. I go every week!

14. I love ice skating! I am not really good at it and I would wish I could do some flips and turns but I am happy to be standing on both feet most of the time! 🙂 Baking is always a great way to get that mojo back…I swear the smell of dough baking has some superpower over our bodies…:)
    Elsie @ Sharing Healthiness recently posted…5 STAR FRIDAY (5/12/14) – Everything Gingerbread, New Moves, Huge Pool and More!My Profile

15. Whoa- that’s a lot of cookies!! Sounds like you had a very productive weekend mixed with a lot of fun! That Christmas tree at the ice rink is beautiful!
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Restaurant Review: Bonefish GrillMy Profile

16. I love your white headband! I always wanted to get one like that but wasn’t sure if I could pull it off?
    Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted…5 Quick & Easy Christmas Gifts on a BudgetMy Profile

17. Gahhh! I never got around to Christmas cookies this weekend! I really want to make some and bring them into my apartment’s office and the gym so I need to make time 🙂
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Weekending… with a bit of MondayingMy Profile

Trackbacks

1. […] seeing all of the cookies Heather baked over the weekend, I got the itch to do some baking myself. I probably bake three times a […]