A new nephew, a baby shower, and an all around great weekend!

Hey guys! How is everyone today? I am relishing with the sun shining in my window right now! It’s been a dismal weekend of rain and clouds, but the sun popped out yesterday afternoon so I enjoyed it!

My weekend went way too fast, but was full of lots of fun things! Here’s a sentence per picture recap.

IMG_1650

Benson thought life was better on my lap.

IMG_1651

Amazing- go get yourself some.

IMG_1653

We have running water and a working sink now!

IMG_1654

Breakfast after a 5 mile run Saturday morning.

IMG_1660

Cousin’s wife’s baby shower with adorable decorations

1IMG_1663

Oakmont Bakery cookies- I ate three #don’tjudge

IMG_1665

Taking a ride with Niko- I swear he enjoyed it

IMG_1669

Spent some time reading in bed and think this is gonna be a great book!

IMG_1671

Our beautiful new nephew was born yesterday and we had a chance to visit!

And even though I don’t have a picture of it, the best thing this weekend was getting a new phone battery! My old one died multiple times a day, and you could never believe the percent it was charged. After charging it 6 times in one day, Aaron decided to order a new battery (my phone is completely fine minus the battery) and if that worked for $30, that’d be great, or I just get a new phone! This battery is so much better! I’m so happy we decided to switch that first and save some money right now.

IMG_1678

I think we can all agree we’d like to hide our faces in the blankets instead of starting our Monday….

Have a great day, everyone!

What did you do this weekend?

What’s your favorite meal after a long run?

Did you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this weekend? I totally forgot Saturday was celebrations until that day. Oops!

Thanks, Katie, for MIMM!

MiMM logo

Comments

1. As usual, Benny knows where it is at (aka not Monday). Seems like you had a pretty eventful weekend! I’m all about the omelet after a long run. Has to be with a carb, obvs. Or my egg white oats with pb and greek yogurt.
    Susie @ Suzlyfe recently posted…Chicago Spring in my Step and Burning GlutesMy Profile

Mmm, I saw your omelet yesterday and totally want one. I’m going to have to make that happen. Thinking brinner is a great choice this week 😉

2. Oh that book is really intriguing me! You will have to let me know how you like it.

And congrats on your new nephew : )
    Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted…2015 Goals Update: February and MarchMy Profile

So far I want to cry, ha. I am attached to the people in just the prologue! So sad all they went through and all the miscommunication. I’ll let you know once I’m done how it is!

3. Curious to hear what you think about that book. I go for oatmeal and peanut butter after a long run, and lots of fruit.
    Emily @MyHealthyishlife recently posted…Spring Break RealizationsMy Profile

I cannot wait for all the fresh fruit! It’s easily my favorite part of summer. I will share once I finish the book! I haven’t made it too far, lol.

4. So fun! My best friend came down to visit and we hung out a lot and took Bella to Colonial Williamsburg.
    After a long run I want something savory- eggs and toast is usually my go-to most days, workout or not!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…A visit from Megan + baby sheepMy Profile

I eat eggs and toast most days, too! If I could, I’d go out for some big breakfast after a long run every week haha

5. Congratulations on your new nephew!

My phone doesn’t hold a charge either. Do you have an iPhone? I’ve heard that it can be difficult to replace the batteries, so I haven’t tried it!
    Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted…Anti-Nausea Berry Peach SmoothieMy Profile

I do have an iPhone! It took Aaron no more than 20 minutes and he said it was super simple! The apple store was going to charge me $180 for a new battery! That’s why I decided we could try this at least. So far it’s really working and didn’t put a hole in my pocket 😉 haha

6. Those jellybeans look amazing! They’re one of my favorite snacks, and I love all the crazy flavors that come out every year. Definitely will have to look out for the sweettart flavor.

This weekend was perfect! Got some spring cleaning done, hung out with some friends, had some great workouts, and spent lots of time outside with my dog! Hope you have a great week 🙂
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…March 16- Weekly GoalsMy Profile

So fun! I wish I had more time to spend outside. My walk yesterday was amazing, though. The sun finally came out and i was determined to get out there!

7. congrats to your family & the new member <3
    cait @pieceofcait recently posted…Girlfriends, birthdays and brunchMy Profile

8. When I saw those jellybeans on your insta I was so jealous. Yummmm Easter candy is the best. I’m on the lookout for more of the swedish fish jellybeans i Love so much.Congrats on your new nephew!!!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…3/8-3/14My Profile

9. Haha! Aw Niko probably wanted to put a cool face on for the camera ;)!
    Carmy recently posted…Monday on the Run #18My Profile

10. Anything from Oakmont Bakery is to die for! I probably wouldn’t have been able to stop after three cookies!

My favorite thing to make after a vigorous cardio workout is a smoothie packed with bananas, spinach, fruit, chia seeds and flax! I love cooling down and refueling that way.

We celebrated St. Pat’s Day, but not like we used to with parades and festivities starting at 9 am! I think I am getting too old for all of these festivities!
    Stacy @ SweatingTulipz recently posted…Weekend Recap: St. Patrick’s DayMy Profile

Oh believe me- I wanted more for sure! That was the first time I had Oakmont! I can see what the hype is all about. Mmm. I’ll just go dream about these cookies now, haha. I’m with you on the smoothie! Sounds like the exact same thing that goes into mine!

11. I used to get SO bombed every year on St. Pat’s! Now, I am a boring mom who looks forward to the ham!

& I wouldn’t change it for anything!!

MB
    MaryBeth | The Thrive Blog recently posted…Move Weekly Recap 3/8-3/14My Profile

12. So exciting about your new nephew!! I don’t think I’ll be an aunt for several years yet, but I imagine it’s a ton of fun 🙂
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted…2 Weeks of CompanyMy Profile

I hope we see them plenty. We didn’t have the chance with the first one, but hoping this time is different!

13. Oakmont Bakery…… yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm!!!! I was introduced to those cookies by my Mother-in-law. Now everytime she comes I beg her to bring them. Crazy good!
    Congrats on the new nephew. So exciting!
    Julie @ Running in a Skirt recently posted…Things I’m Loving Lately 11My Profile

I have really been missing out all these years! I’m thinking Aaron and I may need to make a trip there more frequently 😉

14. Congratulations on your new little nephew! He’s so precious and there is nothing better than being an Auntie! I spoil my Nieces and Nephews! Sounds like a great weekend- let us know how that book is. xo
    Lisa @ RunWiki recently posted…Comment on How To Accept a Running Injury by Rebecca @ Strength and SunshineMy Profile

15. So important to find you time! We spent time with the new granddaughter!!!
    Jody – Fit at 57 recently posted…Gratitude Monday & No Post 🙂My Profile

16. Oh my goodness! I cannot imagine how frustrating that’d be to have your phone constantly dying. I’m glad there was an easy fix! Looks like you had a great weekend!
    Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted…Weekend Rewind: Wedding GetawayMy Profile

It’s the WORST! Apparently the easy fix from the Apple Genius’ was to get the battery replaced from them for $180. Obviously I would have done that or bought a new phone, but thankfully Aaron is a hand man haha

Trackbacks

1. […] a few days! Aaron and I went on a getaway with our life group friends to Seven Springs, welcomed a new nephew, and enjoyed a great day date with my mom’s family to Painting with a Twist. I shared my 7 week […]