Fitness Goals: June

Keep yourself on track this summer by setting fitness goals to work toward. Here’s a look into 5 simple, yet effective fitness goals for the month.

Hey hey! How are you all today? Did you get out for a run yesterday for Global Running Day? Annabelle and I did.. but it wasn’t pretty. I had a genius idea to go after her afternoon nap to the park where it’s flat and run. Great plan, but the 90 degrees and PURE sun made it a tad less fun for me ๐Ÿ˜‰ Little Miss enjoyed a fan blowing on her and laying down in the shade. The life of a baby, right?!

June is the epitome of summer to me. Schools let out, kids are everywhere, the weather is getting warmer, and usually the best time to get outside is in the morning. I really love getting the workouts in early and I’m eager to get more runs in with Annabelle! She loves the stroller and I love running so I need to make it happen more!

Looking forward, here’s what I am thinking for June health & fitness goals

June Fitness Goals

June Fitness Goals

1. Work on my core 3 times a week. Not necessarily a long workout, but make sure I’m doing a core specific workout.

2. Keep drinking water throughout the day. Not save it up for nights (which then makes me wake up multiple times a night for the bathroom!)

3. Run outside 1 time a week by myself. Aaron is fantastic about handling Annabelle and loves spending every free moment he has with her. I just hate leaving the party and going out on my own but I think one run a week by myself will be good. I am thinking Friday evenings or Saturday mornings might be the best!

4. Wake up early to workout 2 times a week. I know I shared that Annabelle wakes up when I work out early, and somehow she gets the memo, but I know I feel my best when I get them in nice and early and can focus on Annabelle the entire rest of the day.

5. And for fun, limit alcohol to 2 times a week. Summer happens to include barbeques and alcohol at functions, and while I did miss that last year, I know it’s all empty calories so I have to limit it.

What are YOUR fitness goals you’re working on this month?

Comments

1. I think that the runs both with Annabelle and without her will benefit you, but yes, you do need some time for yourself!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Unstoppable : The Strongest Woman I KnowMy Profile

Oh I love our runs together for sure and they are great at building up my strength and speed but I miss that alone time!

2. Fabulous summer goals! The limiting alcohol thing is something I try to do but it is always hard in the summer. And this mama likes to have some bevies on the porch with the hubby!
    I think having a solo run is important! It will give you that “me” time to connect back with yourself. For me that is sometimes the only time I get alone so solo running is sacred.
    I did a 6.2 mile stroller run with my 2 1/2 year old yesterday for global running day! It ended up being a great run too.
    Crystal Renaud recently posted…VCM 2016 & Half Marathon #8 RecapMy Profile

WOw 6.2 miles with the stroller! You’re a champ!! I nearly died on our 3 miles ๐Ÿ˜‰ I do think that me time with running will be nice. I’ve missed it! Oddly enough, I’m not much of an alcohol drinker but I think after being pregnant and not enjoying it last year, I’ve been enjoying it a bit too much!

3. Love your goals! Kudos on the alcohol thing. I tell myself I’ll do that too lol. Never happens. I have a high water intake because I keep an embarrassing number of water bottles around and basically always have one with me. Plus, a recent obsession with sparkling water has also popped up, which helps too.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…Summer Goals + WIAWMy Profile

My water bottles are never where I need them when I need them lol Need to work on it!

4. Great goals! I think a run alone will do a lot your your well being! I mentioned yesterday but I’m working on a 2-minute plank and wall sit! :-))) I try to limit alcohol to the weekends (just Fri/Sat) unless something really special is happening or I’m on vaca.
    Julie @ Running in a Skirt recently posted…2 Ingredient Healthy Mango SorbetMy Profile

That’s a great idea on the alcohol and wahooo can’t wait for you to rock that 2 minute plank and wall sit!! I agree a run alone will be nice. Just to zone out and listen to music and not worry about anything else!

5. I just got cleared to work out on Tuesday…YAY!! My only goal this month is to move every day, and hit my step count. Going to try and take it slow so I don’t overdo it!

Yay!! I know you’ll get back in pre baby shape in no time. Just moving is a great goal! Walks with the cutie are the best!

6. My goal for June is to do 15 min of yoga every single day. And to keep running 3-4x per week – I’m doing a half marathon on June 11th and another one of July 2nd! I could definitely use some core specific work too… Maybe I will include some extended planks during the yoga.

7. Yes to spacing out your water! I have a habit of chugging like 3 glasses to catch up at night since that’s when the boys are asleep and I have a minute, but I feel like it’s definitely not as effective as if I was drinking all day.
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…Own Your To-Do List (so it doesnโ€™t own you)My Profile

Yes! Today I was in the car and needed water and pre-baby, I always had water with me. Post baby- I have everything for her and nothing for me ! lol

8. One thing I really want to get back into is strength training. I’ve kind of fallen off the wagon in favour of other forms of exercising, but I miss it! And I totally know how important it is for us women, especially as we get older. Time to find some good videos or apps and start doing them at home at least a few times a week. 3 sounds like a good number ๐Ÿ™‚
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…it feels so good to be back! (ToL#185)My Profile

Yess!! There are a lot of at home workouts on my page, too. I love strength training and love seeing the results! I just feel like looking “toned” really makes you look good, too. Does that make sense??

9. I’m with you on #1 and #5 for sure– both will definitely be a challenge!
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Madison Half Marathon RecapMy Profile

10. Those are great goals! I plan to do another round of 21 day fix this month . I dont follow the diet exactly but I want to continue to cut back on sugar. Alcohol would be nice too but I’m horrible as resisting a beer! Especially when it’s warm ๐Ÿ™‚ but I think my goal will be not to drink on random week nights – only drink with purpose ! Hahah
    Nicole recently posted…Rock n’ Roll San Diego Training Recap – Weeks 9 & 10My Profile

Yes that’s more my philosophy on drinking these days too, lol. Need a reason and maybe just keeping it to the weekend. A random drink at night isn’t a good reason to waste those calories, ya know?

11. I’ve really been craving a run sans stroller and baby for a while now too. That’s a great goal! I need to do that sometime soon too.

Well said on the alcohol too… It’s especially hard when fancy island drinks are being advertised left and right here. I also want to work my core more – always an unending goal of mine!
    Melissa recently posted…Mommy & Me Mother’s Day Photo SessionMy Profile

I hear ya girlfriend! Maybe hubby can take Claire this weekend and you can get out for a run? House hunting took up lots of the time he was home I know!! I’m sure a run yourself will be so nice (take in the sights, AND faster).

12. Your fitness goals for this month sound perfect! I’ve been slacking on core work lately so that’s something I need to refocus on this month!
    Kristy @ Southern In Law recently posted…Recent Things: Forgotten Anniversaries, Winter Woes and Doggy DramaMy Profile