Ready to make those legs shake? Get the quads burning? Today’s workout is a lower body focus and will do just that!
Hi guys! How are you today? Having a good start to the week?
Lately I’ve been really concentrating on either cardio or strength in my workouts. I’ve honestly found myself sweating more with strength workouts than I ever thought was possible. I’ve increased those weights and really pushed myself. Take yesterday, for example. Emily was over during a break in her day, and it was the only time I had to workout, so I did it in front of her. And I was a sweaty mess at the end. #Friendsforlife right there But I love workouts like that! For so long I thought workouts had to include cardio or they were a waste. But that’s not true at all! Increase those weights and work hard the entire time and you certainly can sweat, or just know you’re working hard (some people just don’t sweat).
But this workout will work those legs. It’s all about lower body focus for this one! So grab some weights and let’s get moving!
You will complete 4 rounds, of two exercises each. Each exercise is a minute, and take a 15-20 second break between exercises. If you have an iPhone, you can easily download an interval timer and set the timer to 1 min and 15 second break! It’s a great way to stay focused.
Lower Body Focus Workout Explained:
Let me explain a few exercises. They can all be found with video on the exercise dictionary, as well.
- Squat with abduction- Complete a squat and as you stand, perform an abduction on the right. Then repeat and alternate sides.
- Side lunge, back lunge- With weights in hand, lunge to the right, and back with the right food. Come to neutral position. Lunge to the left and left foot back. Repeat.
- Plie Squat with Calf Raise- Perform a Plie squat, and as you stand, lift up on the toes (and squeeze your glutes, too!)
- Lying Outer Thigh Lift- As you lay, you will perform the lift with your right leg first, and then the left leg on the second round.
- Donkey Kick- perform on the right leg for the first round, and left leg for the second round.
- Fire Hydrant- Right leg for the first round and left leg for the second round.
Let me know how those legs are feeling when you’re done!